Adding Existing Youth at Recharter

I am using my desktop to complete the Recharter. I am trying to add an Existing Member from our troop to the Ship by using the following method that was on the PowerPoint sent by our Council;

Adding an Existing Member of Another Unit
Click on Manage Members>Add New Member>Click Existing Member>Enter all required information>Click the Add Member button. The member will show a
“+” by their name to indicate they are paying their registration fees in another unit. If they are paying their registration fees in your unit, click the checkbox by
their name>Click Manage Members>Click Unmark as Multiple.

When I do this, the “Member Type” only has an Adult option and this is a Youth.

Can you help?

My 2 cents. Do you need the youth to get to the min. youth for the Ship? If not, wait until after recharter. If you need it during recharter, work with your council.

Unfortunately, yes I do our Council is small ant the ladies tell us to get help here anytime we have a problem.

What is THIS - unmark as multiple?

“This” are the instructions on the Power point that was sent to us for recharter.

Adding an Existing Member of Another Unit
Click on Manage Members>Add New Member>Click Existing Member>Enter all required information>Click the Add Member button. The member will show a
“+” by their name to indicate they are paying their registration fees in another unit.

The top photo is the screen and there is no Venturing participant or youth options

I would keep the multiple on - or talk to council

You have to add them before marking them as multiple so I never get to this step. And our council is small and the ladies there tell us to get help here as they don’t know how to fix it. I believe it is a program error since there should be Youth and Venturing participating options on the “Add New Member” screen like there is on the “New Paper Application” screen.

@StacyBogart

There are some issues that MUST be addressed by council. Council staff have access to an internal workgroup (message board) where they can ask questions if they do not know the answer.

If this turns out to be a bug in Internet Recharter or tools other than Scoutbook or Internet Advancement then the Council must open a ticket with BSA IT to get it addressed.

Ok. I just called them and their solution is for me to bring in a paper application and they will add them after the recharter. So I guess I will do that if it’s my only choice.

I also forwarded them your reply so maybe they will contact you. Thanks

@StacyBogart Another option might be for the parents to log in at my.Scouting and go to “My Application”. They find their Scout’s name, click on the “Multiple” button, and then search for the ship’s number (need to use all 4 digits).

After they are approved in the Application Manager, you wait overnight for an automated process to run, and then you should be able to sync the roster in Recharter.

Depending on how much time you have, and they have, you could do this now, hit refresh, and then they should appear.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the office is in another town and not close. So it will have to wait.

I’m sorry, I had to laugh at your suggestion. It is a great one and I SO wish it was possible. Unfortunately, most of these people can’t figure out how to log onto Scoutbook much less my.Scouting. We have been trying for years to teach them to no avail. They just chose to stay helpless and to leave all the aggravation to me and the other leader. And believe me, it’s a lack of want that keeps them from learning. I will try and get them to do it though.

@StacyBogart You might be able to bring a laptop to your next meeting and have them log in to my.Scouting there. Then you can walk them through the process.

The credentials would be the same for my.Scouting and Scoutbook due to single sign on (SSO).

We did recharter back in Nov/Dec.
I was able to add from another of my units as a Multiple last year, but couldn’t do it this year (the options changed and it wasn’t possible)…
You will have to have them join the new unit in the normal way, then when they show in the my.Scouting roster, go into Recharter and refresh the roster there, then you can mark them as Multiple in one or the other unit…