Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

BeAScout Pin search broken

It looks like searches for units with the BeAScout tool are broken currently. The list never loads.

Technical information: It looks like there’s a bad software release causing this issue, as the list.min.js script loads with what looks like merge conflict information:

<<<<<<< HEAD
function bindSearchFilter(){$("#searchbar-unit, #searchbar-unit-mobile").on("input",function(){var e="",e="none"!==$(".cards-wrap").css("display")?$("#results").find(".card-grid"):$("#results").find(".unit-list-item"),i=$(this).val().toLowerCase(),t=$("#list-warning-message");$(e).filter(function(){$(this).toggle(-1<$(this).text().toLowerCase().indexOf(i)),$(e).is(":visible")?(t.removeClass("d-block"),t.addClass("d-none")):(t.removeClass("d-none"),t.addClass("d-block"))}),document.querySelector('meta[name="viewport"]').setAttribute("content","width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0")})}function displaySuccessMessage(){$("#success-message").stop(!0,!0).fadeIn("fast",function(){setTimeout(function(){$("#success-message").stop(!0,!0).fadeOut("fast")},2e3)}).css("display","flex")}function hideSuccessMessage(){$("#success-message").stop(!0,!0).fadeOut("fast")}function copyUnitLink(e,i){for(var t=finderajax.query.split("&"),n=[],s=0;s<t.length;s++)"unitID"!==t[s]&&n.push(t[s]);var a,o,r=n.join("&"),c=finderajax.site_url+"/list/?"+r+"&unitID="+i,l=$("<input>");$("[data-unit-id="+i+"]").each(function(){"none"!==$(this).closest(".tab-pane").css("display")&&$(this).append(l)}),l.val(c),console.log(l.val()),navigator.userAgent.match(/ipad|ipod|iphone/i)?((l=l.get(0)).contentEditable=!0,l.readOnly=!0,(a=document.createRange()).selectNodeContents(l),(o=window.getSelection()).removeAllRanges(),o.addRange(a),l.setSelectionRange(0,999999)):l.select(),document.execCommand("copy"),l.remove(),$(".unit-link[data-button-id="+e+"]").each(function(){"none"!==$(this).css("display")&&$(this).popover("hide")}),displaySuccessMessage()}function initList(){var e={action:"beascout_create_list",queryParams:{zip:finderajax.zip,program:finderajax.program,cubFilter:finderajax.cubFilter,troopFilter:finderajax.troopFilter,scoutsBSAFilter:finderajax.scoutsBSAFilter,venturingFilter:finderajax.venturingFilter,shipFilter:finderajax.shipFilter,allowPeopleToApply:finderajax.allowPeopleToApply,miles:finderajax.miles,unitID:finderajax.unitID,showLDSUnits:finderajax.showLDSUnits,today:getToday(),query:finderajax.query}};$.post(finderajax.ajax_url,e,function(e){$("#results").html(e),bindSearchFilter();$(".unit-link").popover({placement:"bottom",html:!0,offset:5,trigger:"manual",template:"<div class='popover unit-link-popover' role='tooltip'><h3 class='popover-header'></h3><div class='popover-body'></div></div>",content:function(){return"<a onclick='copyUnitLink(\""+$(this).attr("id")+'", "'+$(this).closest(".unit").attr("data-unit-id")+"\");' href='javascript:void(0);' class='copy-unit-link'>"+finderajax.copy_unit_link+"</a>"}}),$(".unit-link").each(function(){$(this).click(function(){$(this).popover("toggle")})})})}jQuery(function(e){initList(),e("#success-message").find(".close").click(function(){hideSuccessMessage()})});
=======
function bindSearchFilter(){$("#searchbar-unit, #searchbar-unit-mobile").on("input",function(){var e="";e="none"!==$(".cards-wrap").css("display")?$("#results").find(".card-grid"):$("#results").find(".unit-list-item");var i=$(this).val().toLowerCase(),t=$("#list-warning-message");$(e).filter(function(){$(this).toggle(-1<$(this).text().toLowerCase().indexOf(i)),$(e).is(":visible")?(t.removeClass("d-block"),t.addClass("d-none")):(t.removeClass("d-none"),t.addClass("d-block"))}),document.querySelector('meta[name="viewport"]').setAttribute("content","width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0")})}function displaySuccessMessage(){$("#success-message").stop(!0,!0).fadeIn("fast",function(){setTimeout(function(){$("#success-message").stop(!0,!0).fadeOut("fast")},2e3)}).css("display","flex")}function hideSuccessMessage(){$("#success-message").stop(!0,!0).fadeOut("fast")}function copyUnitLink(e,i){for(var t=finderajax.query.split("&"),s=[],n=0;n<t.length;n++)"unitID"!==t[n]&&s.push(t[n]);var a=s.join("&"),o=finderajax.site_url+"/list/?"+a+"&unitID="+i,r=$("<input>");if($("[data-unit-id="+i+"]").each(function(){"none"!==$(this).closest(".tab-pane").css("display")&&$(this).append(r)}),r.val(o),console.log(r.val()),navigator.userAgent.match(/ipad|ipod|iphone/i)){(r=r.get(0)).contentEditable=!0,r.readOnly=!0;var c=document.createRange();c.selectNodeContents(r);var l=window.getSelection();l.removeAllRanges(),l.addRange(c),r.setSelectionRange(0,999999)}else r.select();document.execCommand("copy"),r.remove(),$(".unit-link[data-button-id="+e+"]").each(function(){"none"!==$(this).css("display")&&$(this).popover("hide")}),displaySuccessMessage()}function initList(){var e={action:"beascout_create_list",queryParams:{zip:finderajax.zip,program:finderajax.program,cubFilter:finderajax.cubFilter,troopFilter:finderajax.troopFilter,scoutsBSAFilter:finderajax.scoutsBSAFilter,scoutsStemFilter:finderajax.scoutsStemFilter,venturingFilter:finderajax.venturingFilter,shipFilter:finderajax.shipFilter,allowPeopleToApply:finderajax.allowPeopleToApply,miles:finderajax.miles,unitID:finderajax.unitID,showLDSUnits:finderajax.showLDSUnits,today:getToday(),query:finderajax.query}};$.post(finderajax.ajax_url,e,function(e){$("#results").html(e),bindSearchFilter();$(".unit-link").popover({placement:"bottom",html:!0,offset:5,trigger:"manual",template:"<div class='popover unit-link-popover' role='tooltip'><h3 class='popover-header'></h3><div class='popover-body'></div></div>",content:function(){return"<a onclick='copyUnitLink(\""+$(this).attr("id")+'", "'+$(this).closest(".unit").attr("data-unit-id")+"\");' href='javascript:void(0);' class='copy-unit-link'>"+finderajax.copy_unit_link+"</a>"}}),$(".unit-link").each(function(){$(this).click(function(){$(this).popover("toggle")})})})}jQuery(function(e){initList(),e("#success-message").find(".close").click(function(){hideSuccessMessage()})});
>>>>>>> master

the MyScouting Tools does seem to be having some issues lately

@DonovanMcNeil indeed - especially bad when many units (mine included) are pushing people to these online tools to register

As a workaround until they get the BeAScout search fixed, you should be able to use the Invitation Manager to send them a link to start the online application process (only for people who are new to the BSA – not transfers or former members.)

https://www.scouting.org/resources/online-registration/

2 Likes