Buying a few badges with a messed up Advancement Report

There’s a series of videos I usually recommend for folks just getting started with Scoutbook. They are listed in this post:

https://discussions.scouting.org/t/caution-tags-on-everyone/288194/15

Generally, as a unit leader, you should be able to generate the Needs Awarding report from:

My Dashboard → Administration → My Units → Unit Number → (scroll down to) Unit Reports → Needs Awarding report

You (or someone else who can generate the report like the Unit Advancement Chair) then needs to go through that report and click on everything that you know has been awarded. Do not use the “Select All” button, as that will approve everything on the report, including any new stuff that you know hasn’t been awarded yet. Then, click “Mark as Awarded” down at the bottom, and it will mark all of the selected items as awarded.

Anything that is marked as Awarded will automatically come off of the Needs Purchasing report, and any open POs.

I did this one scout at a time when my pack first migrated to Scoutbook years ago, so that the quantity I was dealing with was manageable. It also allowed me to go cross-check for each scout, then move on.

2 Likes