Calendar Repeat Feature

I really wish you would be an option where you can repeat events for example…
Repeat a Troop meeting every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month.
Repeat a Troop Committee Meeting every 4th Thursday.

Also, if you have subscribed to the calendar, it should add anything new without having to re-subcribe to the calendar with EACH event added.

1 Like

@JillBruce - the feature assistant does the repeated events. Now if you subscribed via url it will update every 24hours. If you used the ics that is flat insert.

The 24 hour update cycle is a function of the receiving calendar, not Scoutbook.

1 Like

I haven’t had this experience. I have experienced what @edavignon mentioned about the lag time for updating of the calendar displayed by an external calendar program (e.g. Google Calendar). Until Google decides to fetch the calendar more frequently that once in any given 24-hour period, that kind of thing is going to persist. Yes, you can force the update by unsubscribing and resubscribing, but is it really worth that level of effort?

Generally, if I have something that urgent (e.g. < 24 hours notice) to notify unit members/parents about, I push out a “reminder/announcement” email to the invitees. That both minimizes the impact of the calendar update lag as well as sending an active notification, so that we’re not relying on passive calendar watching by folks to get the updates out.

@edavignon - yes that is what I was trying to say… can not brain today

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.