GROWING SCOUTING…is the single most important thing we can do today as commissioners.
Commissioners often wonder what they can do to help Grow Scouting…if you wonder about that, open two links to learn about new ways and resources you can share with the unit leaders you serve to help them promote and grow their unit:
• Growing Scouting Powerpoint Presentation - https://tinyurl.com/5x6abfv5
• Customizable Social Media Schedule - https://tinyurl.com/ackd7h8
Look at the resources it references.
Some commissioners ask, “isn’t GROWING SCOUTING why we have Membership volunteers and professional staff? Isn’t that their responsibility? Sure, it is, but they can’t do it alone.
Commissioners have a key role in GROWING SCOUTING:
• Great program attracts and retains both youth and adult volunteers.
• We help the unit leaders we serve deliver great program.
• We help the unit leaders we serve understand the importance of planning to GROW SCOUTING.
• We help the unit leaders we serve develop year-round plans to attract and retain members.
• We help the unit leaders we serve understand that retention is an essential element of growth.
• We provide the unit leaders we serve with access to resources to increase retention and growth.