District Advancement Coordinator

I just took a position as the District Advancement Coordinator for my district Ohwanassee in the MAC council. I have been doing these duties for my local pack 97. What additional permissions should I have in Scoutbook or Internet Advancement? This position has been absent from our district for a number of years. Our District Director is new to the position so wasn’t exactly sure. Asking to see what I should have for the ability to run reports and see other packs and troops in our district so I can assist with questions, offer training, etc. Any help that could be provided is much appreciated.

Thanks,

James

@JamesDavis17

Scoutbook and Internet Advancement are unit tools. District leaders do not have any access to unit data in Scoutbook except for Unit Commissioners who have been granted access by a unit admin.

You may have access to reports via my.scouting.org but you would need to ask your Council staff to be sure.

2 Likes

Your district executive will have to grant you access; however, the tools in my.scouting.org are under the “Roster” button.

On a desktop with a full-screen browser go to the upper left “Menu”, make sure that the “Organization” is your district. Then click on “Roster”; then on the left you should see 3 options “Roster”, “Members without Unit” and “Reports”.