How do I assign Chartered Org Rep to multiple roles to validate rechartering?

I can’t complete recharter because I don’t have enough roles filled out. I read through the forums, so I understand I need the Key 3, at least 2 committee members, and at least 1 den leader.

But I also read that:

So my question is, in the My.Scouting system or in the Rechartering system (or wherever it is), where can I assign my COR to a 2nd role so that I can have enough positions filled out to Recharter? From what I’ve read in the forums, it seems like I can resolve my issue by double-counting the COR, which would avoid having to find an extra parent list minute. I just don’t know where/how to do it.

vr

Thanks!

@YervantDermenjian talk to council - BUT I think COR can only be Chair or XO - not any other position than that

This is from the BSA Registration Guidebook:

No-Fee-Required Registrations
Executive officer and Lion and Tiger adult partner positions do not require a registration fee because they are not registered adult leader positions. These positions also do not require a completed BSA adult application and are not submitted for a criminal background check.

Multiple Registrations
There are no restrictions on the number of positions one person may hold as long as the individual serves in only one position per unit with the exception of the chartered organization representative (CR), who is the only individual that can be registered in more than one position within the same unit. The CR may also serve in a multiple capacity as the committee chair (CC) or as a member of the committee (MC, NM, or PT) within that unit.

Please contact your local council for guidance. The position of Pack Trainer (PT) is only available to Cub Scout packs. MC means Committee Member, and NM means New Member Coordinator. NM and PT are specialized types of committee member.

If you would like your Chartered Org. Rep. to multiple register as a MC, NM, or PT, the easiest way might be for the COR to use the Position Manager at my.Scouting and add the position there. The Position Manager is available on the Roster and also the Organization Manager menus for your unit at my.Scouting. If adding the position this way, you will need to wait overnight for a process to run, and the next day you will need to Refresh your roster in Recharter.

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, I would like our COR to also be listed as a Member of the Committee and/or Den Leader, since he does those roles. I found the Position Manger, which lists our current assignments, but I could not add a 2nd position for him there; it was all greyed out. Maybe I, as the Committee Chair, don’t have that permission.

But in the Rechartering menu, I was able to Add New Member → Add Existing, and add him a second time, with the additional role of Committee Member, and that seems to have resolved it.

Thank you!

1 Like

@YervantDermenjian The Chartered Org. Rep. (COR) can add the position using the Position Manager.

The COR can only multiple as a Committee Chair, Committee Member, Pack Trainer, or New Member Coordinator. You will need to find another registered adult for the Den Leader position.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.