Issues With Life Saving Awards In Scoutbook

While Looking Through Scoutbook I have found a number of issues surrounding the many BSA lifesaving awards.

These Include:

• In Scoutbook the honor medal and honor medal with crossed palms appear in the awards section but can be marked as completed by anyone.

• The Heroism Award is missing from the web version but not the Scouting App.

• The Medal of Merit is missing from the web version but not the Scouting App.

• The National Council Certificate of Merit is missing from the web version but not the Scouting App.

• The Council Certificate of Merit is missing from the web version and the Scouting App (this may be intentional since it is a council award and not national).

• The Scouting App Has The National Council Certificate of Merit, Medal of Merit, Heroism Award, honor medal, and honor medal with cross palms, but none of them have descriptions explaining where to fill out a nomination form or what the award is for.

@EthanHanmer - I an not seeing these items in scoutbook, perhaps you can add some screen shots from scoutbook.scouting.org. I did not even see them in advancements.scouting.org

Screen Shot 2023-08-13 at 2.44.37 PM

The Medal of Merit is in there just not on list, same for Heroism, National did not want the certificates entered is what I recall

@DonovanMcNeil - it must be entered by National or local council and not by unit in order to show up.

correct but that is not the case for the honor medals

yeah I THINK Councils can enter it - pretty sure on that - but like Adult Knots they are not always entered

1 Like

National wanted a different implementation is all I can say - they cannot be approved - but completed yes - the app just reads the database a different way than the web so all are seen.

1 Like

so all of the other awards are there but do not show up until earned and national wanted the honor medals to be different?

I think they saw it as a way to publicize the application - that one app covers all the awards

1 Like

@DonovanMcNeil
If the app reads it differently than is there a way for the description of the awards on the app to be updated at least to match the web version so people know where to fill out the forms for this award.

Attached a screenshots of the web version

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.