Merged Profiles in Scouting.org may have lost Scoutbook Profile

In August 2020, I updated my YPT training and the Pack realized that I had two profiles in Scouting.org and wasn’t tracking the correct one. We received guidance to manage and merge the profiles, but now Scoutbook connections are lost. I am the Asst Den Leader and while the Den leader can still see me active in Scoutbook, I can’t see anything for the Den nor can I see my own kids. Profiles were 135358431 and 12781591. Can anyone help?

@JessBidlack

My Dashboard → Administration → My Account → Switch SSO Profile

Make sure your Scoutbook BSA Member number is set to:

1 Like

That’s the problem. My Scoutbook account shows the old number and yet other leaders can see the profile 135358431. I tried going to switch my SSO and it won’t allow me to type over the BSA number.

Type in your my.scouting credentials and click submit. It should give you a chance to change it after that.

Nope! After I enter the my.scouting credentials and submit it simply replies that it connected my account successfully. Good news is I switched my account over to the new 135358431 number and I can see all the information again. Bad news is all my YPT training is under the original, older, number.

@JessBidlack Do you want to try a screen share?

For your training, log into my.scouting. Go under manage member ID. Are both bsa member numbers listed? If not, add the other one, and give it a day to see if your training comes over.

1 Like

At the council level and below I believe you should have only one membership number.
I suspect you need to contact your council registrar to have the BSA membership numbers merged.

All,

Well . . . moved again and now have 3 Scoutbook accounts. One they used the wrong name (Jesse) and the other is the new account with the Troop that has my ASM permissions. While the actual one I use, assigned to the kids, still shows me in Florida (now I am in Stafford, VA - Troop 850). Can anyone help me merge the 3 accounts. Super frustrating.

All three of the accounts have the same email address so I am seeing the warning too that another account uses this address.

@JenniferOlinger
@DonovanMcNeil

@JessBidlack I am checking

@JessBidlack I have merged your Scoutbook accounts.

I would recommend contacting your local council and ask them to use their Registrar Tools to look up your children. In the “Relationships” section, you should be listed as parent only under BSA 140489945. They should remove you if you are listed as parent under any other BSA numbers. Otherwise, your BSA member numbers might get switched at Recharter, and this could result in the creation of another Scoutbook account.

Thank you. I really appreciate it and will work on contacting the council. Not sure if it was you, but someone migrated me from my old Florida cub scout troop to the new Boy Scout troop in VA. Thank you!!! It wasn’t that way 20 mins ago.

1 Like