Merging Two Scoutbook Accounts - NOT BSA Accounts

I have a parent with a similar issue. She has two accounts and distinct BSA # and User ID’s for each. One is her my.scouting.org account which she can log into, the other is the account in ScoutBook, which has all of the connections to her Scout, but cannot log into. Same email address is attached to both accounts. Can someone help merge these accounts?

my.scouting.org
BSA#: 132300320
UserID: 11150221

Scoutbook only
BSA#: 13098621
UserID: 1880854

@JimmyFendors this is fixed

Thanks @DonovanMcNeil !

Hello. I have a scout transferred in from outside the council. A new account was created and listed in the official roster by the council. Her mother added her old account to the troop. I have tried to remove and ready both accounts. I have unselected position approved, saved, and readded. I checked that everything except BSA number is the same in both accounts. I need to merge the two accounts. The council registrar is unable to help. I don’t have the ability in my.scouting.org under Roster to add the old account. Can an admin help me troubleshoot? Thanks!

@VirginiaYockey What is the scout’s bsa member number? We do not need the name.

Old is 135351697. The new bsa number is 137297202. Thank you for your help.

@VirginiaYockey These Scoutbook accounts have been merged.

1 Like

Trying to get our Scoutbook cleaned up and have found three more parents with multiple accounts. Can someone help with merging these also?

Parent #1:
1st account: BSA #: 129787841, UID: 1870448
2nd account: BSA #: none, UID: 9210155

Parent #2:
1st account: BSA#: 12232997, UID: 2147597
2nd account: BSA#: none, UID: 9161149

Parent #3:
1st account: BSA#: 13560660, UID: 11216578
2nd account: BSA#: none, UID: 10635262

This user’s Scoutbook accounts have been merged. However, please have the user check the e-mail address.

@JimmyFendors The other 2 users should be fixed now.

Thanks @JenniferOlinger . It looks like the email address is not the one he normally uses. Will he be able to update that himself?

He should be able to, although he will need to update his e-mail in Scoutbook and also at my.scouting.

Thanks @JenniferOlinger, I will ask him to do that. And… here is another multiple account parent, can you help with this one as well?

(logs in with this account, no email address)
BSA#: 130320575
UID: 11186993

(this account has an email address)
BSA#: 13097534
UID: 1880628

@JimmyFendors that one is fixed

1 Like

Each time we add a parent to our leadership via an adult application they are given a new BSA ID and new scoutbook account. But as a parent of an existing scout they already have a scoutbook account, and some already have BSA IDs from past or existing leadership positions.

This results in two scoutbook accounts for these adults - one which is their existing active account, and a second one that is tied to their registered leadership position. Because they only have access via their existing account, they can’t get leader position permissions (access to achievement, calendar, etc).

Is there a way to prevent this from occurring?

In the meantime, please fix these two adult leaders. Thanks so much!

Adult leader #1:
(Logs in with this account)
BSA#: 13371959
UID: 10164986

(registered adult leader account)
BSA#: 12497450
UID: 11708994

Adult Leader #2:
(Logs in with this account)
BSA#: 12522237
UID: 1509802

(registered adult leader account)
BSA#: 136673596
UID: 10594627

ALWAYS include Existing MIDs on applications to limit duplications.
Both of these are merged - they need to log in using their my.scouting user name / password

Thanks so much Donovan!

We do always include the IDs, but our registrar said that she has to create a new ID because of the new YPT background check stuff - they can’t tie that to an old ID. Does that sound right?

@JasonDaughenbaugh not sure if a CBC can be tied to a pre-existing MID - @GaryFeutz do you know?

Adult Leader #1 tried logging in and said:

Now my account has nothing. No events, no [son’s scout account], no connections etc. Do I need a new login for the other account?

Advice?

she did not use her my.scouting - she used her email - her MYST username is kellykuntz