Notepad & Comments sharing

As a Scoutmaster for a unit, we try and use Notepad & Comments to keep track of scout’s progress, especially Leadership requirements. The current way that Notepad & Comments work is that only the creator of the comment and maybe the scout can see it.

An enhancement could include changing from a private comment to one that is shareable with others that have the right connection type with the scout. The connection type also needs to be defined as what is allowed. I think connection types - Full Control and Edit Advancement would make sense.

@EricLokker - in looking at my son, the notepad and comments have a number of people showing that can see them and it lists those with full control. This already exists…

Thanks for that insight.

I have an example where I (Full Control) added a comment to a specific scout. Then another adult with Full Control added a comment. Neither of us can see each other’s comments.

Are there any other settings or roles that need to be in place for viewing to work?

Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 4.20.26 PM
Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 4.20.32 PM

I just looked and see the note Icon, and if I click it or the requirement I can read the note - both of this instance are full control but I would think Edit Advancement would have the same rights

@EricLokker - yeah you have to click on the notepad icon to see the other notes… this already exists

Confirmed this exists. Had a mix of user error here. All resolved. Thanks for your direction.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.