Recharter "Mark as Multiple" for Linked Troop

Hello,
When trying to mark a leader as multiple, I’m getting an error that says, “Error Update to prepaid or yearly membership record is not allowed.”

This issue didn’t happen before August so I’m wondering if there are new rules concerning markign as multiples with the new yearly memberships as leaders joined after August and show $0 owed for this recharter.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

@MatthewMangione Is this a new leader in your unit that you are adding with recharter or an existing leader that you are keeping?

Hi Jacob. This is an existing leader that we will be keeping. As of now, the leader is in our girls troop. We would like to be able to “Mark as Multiple” so that they can also serve as adult leaders in our boys troop.

@MatthewMangione - they would need to fill out an application for the other troop. Mark as multiple only concerns the fees paid and to which unit. It does not register them or grant any other rights.

Hello Stephen and thanks for your response!

These leaders (there are actually 2) have completed applications for both our Boys and Girls Troops. I can see them in Scoutbook in both Troops and in My.Scouting.org in both Troops, but they only appear in our Girls Troop on Advancements.Scouting.org- recharter.

This wasn’t an issue for me and other leaders earlier in the year when we completed applications for both Troop and Marked as Multiple, and we are included in both Troops. But now I get “Error
Update to prepaid or yearly membership record is not allowed.”

Thanks for you all trying to help! Things things are so tricky and it’s my first year in Scouts BSA so I’m fumbling through this.

@MatthewMangione - if they are on the roster at my.scouting.org then they should be on the roster for recharter. I suggest clicking the refresh roster or something similar in the bar just above the names in recharter. There are also page forward buttons on the bottom of the page. They may be further along in the list. Lastly did you look through the recharter instructions
Charter Renewal Resources | Boy Scouts of America

Thanks again! This clued me in to find the answer.

In advancements.scouting.org/recharter in the Troop Roster tab I was able to click on Manage Members and then Add New Member. By entering the information of our adult leaders (name, email, Member ID, birthday) they were added to our recharter and correctly do not show any fees due.

Your guidance is much appreciated! Thanks, again!

@MatthewMangione - i am glad that worked but just make sure to refresh the roster to make sure they are not listed twice

1 Like

Thank you! Looks all good now.