Bit of a repeat question but posting in attempt to find some insight. Our council only does paper applications. Our Pack has been instructed to not manually enter scouts or their parents in Scoutbook and that they will appear when applications are processed. What we see, over and over, is Scouts appearing in our unit with unlinked parent connections. I can only assume the issue has to do with either the manual processing of the applications or some back end processing that isn’t happening correctly. Here’s a summary of the issue as I reported to Council where I’ve also reached out for support…
- Can you please merge Kari xxxxxxx’s accounts.
- active - bsa: aaaaaa, scoutbook: bbbbbb
- inactive - bsa: cccccc, scoutbook: dddddd
2021-09-10 I looked through our unit to see which scouts had parents who were not linked. ~13, out of 57 scouts in our unit.
Keri’s Scout is showing in our unit (bsa: eeeeeee, scoutbook: fffffff).
- the inactive account for Keri was appearing in scoutbook as being associated with her Scout but not linked.
- On her sons profile, it showed her "IMPORTED BY MEMBER UPDATE, NOT INVITED: 3 days ago”
- When I click on her profile, it shows “LAST INVITED: 3 days ago”.
- Per our prior conversation, when pager applications are processed, no email invitations to parents are, knowingly, sent.
- This is problematic. As a result of this, we have to periodically scan our unit to identify new, unlinked parents to manually sent an invitation to.
parents who are not linked cannot
- enter advancement or activity logs for their scout.
- RSVP for events for their Scout. This is extremely important for us to plan for events.
- prevents the Pack from keeping records for achieving Journey to Excellence standards.
- I had Keri go to my.scouting.org and self register
- In the past, I have been able to have parents do this and then login to Scoutbook and be linked to their Scout successfully.
- I believe this should maybe be explored further. We’re asked not to enter Scouts or parents in Scoutbook but when standard paper application processing happens, it often leads to having parents self register to assist in resolving the issue.
- After registering, Keri was appearing as being in Rainbow Council instead of Pathway To Adventure Council (the active account noted).
- Also odd, it seems she was able to register without an email account.
- I was able to find her from the “add connection” on her son’s profile. I searched for her name (Keri xxxxxxxx) and she showed up.
- I invited her to connect and she somehow received the invitation and is now showing as linked.
- I’m thoroughly confused at what happened here…