- Here is what I have found for Discourse guides and frequently asked questions (FAQ)
As of 10/13/2021 Scouting forums is using:
<meta name="generator" content="Discourse 2.8.0.beta6 - https://github.com/discourse/discourse version 6273dfad4bc79576808c00b98f9c211e575021f6">
- Where do I find more information about what formatting is supported in the “Discourse” input editor? Here is what I have found so far (as of 11/12/2021):
The Scouting forums (Discourse) input editor says it accepts Markdown, BBCode and HTML. How much of each is not clear.
Boy Scouts of America
- FAQ for New Scouting Forums - BSA Announcements - Scouting forums (April 2019) - BSA users guide
Discourse - A platform for community discussion
Markdown - Markdown markup language
- Markdown markup is converted to HTML for presentation.
- Markdown Guide (markdownguide.org)
- Markdown has a table format that uses vertical bar character as column delimiter.
- Need to know what the Discourse editor flavor of Markdown is (i.e how much of Markdown is being used).
BBCode - Bulletin Board Code
- BBCode markup is converted to HTML for presentation.
- BBCode.org, bbcode users guide and tricks on implementing it
HTML - HyperText Markup Language