Synced Events Do not Update

So it is Google not making the change it sounds like

Anything different, other than the URL?
We know IA to IOS works and we know IA to Outlook works.

@DonovanMcNeil - it is possible, but it does update the scoutbook url subscription.

yeah exactly what field did not change?

@DonovanMcNeil - here is the same event in the scoutbook ics:

BEGIN:VEVENT
UID:5110396@scoutbook.scouting.org
DTSTAMP:20231103T143117Z
ORGANIZER;CN=Stephen Hornak:MAILTO:sjhjr@comcast.net
DTSTART;TZID=America/New_York:20231110T180000
DTEND;TZID=America/New_York:20231112T110000
SUMMARY:Iron Chef
DESCRIPTION:Iron Chef Campout\nTest your cooking skills\n\nFor more information please visit: Scoutbook
URL:Scoutbook

And what shows up on the g-cal subscription to IA:

What exactly was edited in the event @Stephen_Hornak

@DonovanMcNeil - sorry… the location and description. I added the TBD and Test your cooking skills

That update still has not hit the g-cal subscription.

I deleted all of my Scoutbook events and made new ones just in case that was the problem.

All of the new events synced properly. I edited one to see if the edit will sync.

I haven’t looked into the calendar links (I don’t use them personally). But it might not just be the text in the file. There could also be differences in the headers (e.g. cache times) that are different between the two links, which Google may be respecting.

The changes I made have not hit the url subscription on our website. Not a huge thing as I know things like this will be sorted out prior to release date.

Our troop has the same issue with syncing between IA and Google. When I change the time of an event/meeting, it does not replicate to google. To resolve, I removed the subscription in Google and re-added it. I hope this is not the solution going forward as I don’t want to re-create the subscription anytime something changes.

@KevinCamasi

This is a known issue. Until a fix is announced in the change log, it is best to use the subscription from Scoutbook instead of IA.

Thanks. I noticed the message in SB about calendar moving to IA in November is gone. Has that change been postponed until this issue is resolved? TIA

See:

This issue has been fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.