Activities moved from Scoutbook to IA

Still, no luck using Internet Advancement. Just like Pinky and the Brain I will try and conquer it tomorrow.
IA will never be as great as Scoutbook, first it is top down driven which does not have end users in mind, and will be the essence of its failure as Scouters will opt to pay out of pocket for better commercial software. I discovered a small fact that the register misspelled the name of one of my scouts. IA pulls the scout roster from my.scouting.org where the error and numberous other errors exist. IA uses this inaccurate list and there is no way to fix it until recharter.

Pack 110 of which I am the Committee Chairman is on a USMC base overseas in Okinawa, Japan. Married Marines are sent to Okinawa for a three year tour. Moving overseas is an overwhelming experience, and we have found that 90% are new to scouts, and it is their last year on island. Our pack grew to 60 scouts by recharter in December only to dwindle down to 48 scouts presently and maybe 15 scouts by mid July. We recruit year around, as new families arrive. IA and myscouting will never be accurate but that on week in Dec when recharter goes through. However Scoutbook is accurate everyday, why because I have the capability to edit it, as with COR, CC, and CM around the nation. The solution is flush IA. Use scoutbook and pull from scout book to update myscouting.org.

IA.2 has a time out during recharter? I submitted my recharter paperwork to council 20 Nov 20, but I have not seen the changes go through such as removing old scouts from our roles. Now when I try and add hikes, camping, and service hours to our unit in 2021 I get an error message and a notice that developers are working on it. Yes, this software can not even do the simplest of tasks also spending more time watching four circles rotating than getting anything done

2 Likes