Calendar changes to Scoutbook?

@TrevorConroy What type of device is that on? Do you happen to have multiple events at that same time or a single event that is on multiple calendars (either multiple units or multiple dens/patrols that are all selected from the calendar list)?

Macbook Pro running MacOS Ventura 13.5.2. Browser is Chrome.
Yes, we have several events with multiple Dens selected. I went to the calendar filter and deselected all but our main Pack calendar and while Den events disappear, even the Pack events shown still just show the time with hyphens.

@TrevorConroy - you can change the view to list or week or grid

@TrevorConroy How big is your screen?

14". Doesn’t chance when I go to full screen mode

1 Like

I could
but our families are used to the Scoutbook calendar view

@TrevorConroy - they can change the view as well and change is hard isn’t it

Does it show up if you create a new event with a really short name on a single calendar? You might have to create it in SB if the add button doesn’t appear.

Hi,
IA is an improvement. Hopefully there will be a link for the IA calendar where the old SB Calendar was come December. I would like to see My.Scouting and IA merged. Also Internet Advancement isn’t a great name for something that does more than Advancement.
I would like to see one info on what to expect in the phone app. The current phone app could really use some big updates and benefit from the IA changes. BSA has always been a patchwork of online systems and that quick million fix would be great.

@TrevorConroy - this is my view

@Stephen_Hornak What happens if you have long event names?

@jacobfetzer - long event entries show the 
 on the calendar

This has to do with character count on the event. Since I can’t edit or delete events created in IA, I can’t test it further but I have events with at least 27 characters that show up just fine and events with more than 30 characters which don’t (
).

@TrevorConroy What are the names of your events?

To the OP’s original complaint, this character issue appears to be mostly irrelevant in Scoutbook as it display as many characters as possible and just runs off. I don’t think IA is ready for the transition mostly because basic function (adding, editing, or deleting events) still doesn’t work completely.

1 Like

I just put in a request to show however many characters fit.

Personally I use mobile a lot where no characters fit and we just get a single dot in the calendar view on days with events. So, I appreciate the feedback and legwork to figure out the issue.

It does appear to be a character length issue. I previously had “November Den Meeting #1” and “November Den Meeting #2” on 11/6 and 11/13 respectively, and it just showed the time with dots. I went into SB and changed to just “Den Meeting #1/#2” and it now displays correctly.

You aren’t migrating
At least that is not the intent. The user interface is changing for the calendar. The intent is to have the features currently in SB and rhe extension. It won’t be rushed, so if it isn’t ready, the redirection date will be postponed

Users don’t have to worry all their events will be there. When you click on a SB calendar item, the interface will look different but you will see the previous events you put on the calendar.

The programmers know what bugs you are finding in the IA calendar and have promised to fix the criticalones prior to cut over. They are asking that you continue to test

1 Like

Thank you for all your work and efforts on this! Much needed change. I see my calendar in scoutbook and IA so no worries. Feel free to give the na sayers an app to join the Scoutbook User Advisory Council to start programming for free. Onward and upward!

1 Like

Well, my advice in another thread is to be part of the solution by reporting the bugs with plenty of clear detail and when asked for more detail, take the time to dig it up. The time we all spend reporting bugs will help, complaining doesn’t. We are allowed to complain, but once one gets that out of one’s system, let’s move on and report bugs.

1 Like

Just as a clarification, the SUAC is not (generally speaking) congruent with the developers. The SUAC are generally volunteer scouters who fill the “tech support” role, rather than the BSA’s hired developers. There have previously been numerous offers on these boards from various scouters with professional software development expertise to assist with development, and the word from BSA (via the SUAC folks) has been that the BSA is not accepting volunteers to assist with development.

1 Like

This is getting more and more difficult. I just now have a parent that upkeeps our calendar and does a fantastic job. She had to join as a committee member just to have access to Scoutbook as an admin
not sure if she will have internet advancement access
I am going back to Scoutlander for my calendar and troop interface (forms,pictures
)