Camping log

@DavidSanders - the logs are up and are in scoutbook.scouting.org and I have been looking at them for days now.

My question is then what is your role in the unit as that will specify what and how you see things.

I am the COR and a parent. I am also an ASM that helps in data entry. The boards say that last Friday they should have fixed the issue. When I click on Activity Log it takes me to Internet Advancement.

All great questions, but Iā€™m just another unit and district-level volunteer, so I donā€™t know the answers for sure.

1. My understanding from other threads is that the information was all transferred from Scoutbook (scoutbook.com) to IA2 (scoutbook.scouting.org), and now resides there.

2. As far as I know, the logs are currently up at IA2 (scoutbook.scouting.org), and will not return to Scoutbook (scoutbook.com).

Thanks Charlie. I was able to find it there. Way more cumberson to find!

@DavidSanders - if you click on activities on the left side of the page, then click on the filter by to the right of the moths and check the personal activities radio button does that change anything ?

Thanks Stephen, I found it but of course it errors out when doing an entry

@DavidSanders - what kind of error are you seeing and entry for what in particular ?

@Stephen_Hornak when I was entering a camping night it kept saying the value was null (but I had filled the fields in) then it said it was offline. I revisited about 30 min later and worked fine. Scoutbook was easier but when we migrate I am sure we will all get used to it. Seems like it is currently unstable based on a very small sample. Thanks for following up.

I am quite disappointed that I cannot seem to look at my own events day-by-day. This seems to just be confined to adults. While I can see totals via a number of reports, as the number of events increases, it will be increasingly difficult to look at individual events.

Continuing the discussion from Camping log:

The switch to Internet Advancement has caused some of our events with camping nights to disappear. For example, summer camp was already in for scouts for 2019 and is now gone for all. I have added this back in and though the event is there and the correct camping nights are listed, they are not being added in to the nights for the scout. This is only the first summer camp being added for those kids, so I would understand if it was a second ā€œlong term camping experienceā€ that wouldnā€™t be counted for the camping merit badge, but seemingly isnā€™t being counted at all.

Iā€™d be careful with adding items back in. You are likely to add up with duplicates at some point when the developers fix the issues that are preventing you from seeing them.

@KellySikkema - I would check the filter on the page that results from clicking on activities. Make sure it has personal selected.

I was wondering about that. Since we donā€™t have any Scouts at the moment NEEDING their logs (OA election, Camping MB, etc), I have been sitting back and waiting. That, and the fact I created a test I canā€™t yet delete. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t see that as a possibility on the phone version. I do see that on the version on the computer. Previous camping trips that were entered do show up, but not summer camp until I just put it on. As I put it in and selected each kid at camp, then it is a group activity. It still appears on each childā€™s list of activities as before, but the nights entered in the activity are not being added to the scoutā€™s total of nights as listed on the on each scoutā€™s main page under Activity Logs (on top right side when on the computer version).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.