Contacting Forum Admins

Sorry, this is off topic, but I’m trying to contact Vijay Challa (@VijayKChalla). I see no way to contact anyone listed on About - Scouting Forums

Perhaps it’s because my account is fairly new and I don’t have permissions yet. Do you folks see a way to contact admins when you go to the About page?

Due to the fact that youth are on the forums and that Discourse does not have a way to configure them to limit who individuals can send a direct message to, Direct Messages are disabled for all but moderators and forum admins.

I’ll send you a direct message so you can reply to me. Watch the avatar in the upper right corner.

That makes sense. :slightly_smiling_face:

Suggestion: could we have a public category within the forum for tech support?

Also, what got me confused originally is this forum’s welcome message which instructs new users to go to the About page to contact staff.

Are you looking to contact specific tech-support personnel, or are you just looking to ask questions?

The Using Scoutbook forums are where we generally ask “How do I…” questions. The “Scoutbook Bugs” forums are where we typically report a suspected bug. If the Scoutbook User Advisory Council folks (like @edavignon) can’t help, they’ll point you to scoutbook.support@scouting.org to report the bug, and request that you post the SSD (bug tracking number) in the forum thread where you asked the question.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.