November 22, 2023 Scoutbook Updates

Bug Fixes

• None

New Features

• Incomplete Merit Badge Report
    • The Incomplete Merit Badge Report has been updated to help units identify the versions of merit badges scouts are working on in the Scoutbook system. This is needed as in future, the Advancement team wants Merit Badges limited to the most current version, and one previous version in Scoutbook. Scouts can still work on an older version as the Guide to Advancement says, but these older versions have to be managed outside the Scoutbook environment. To use the Incomplete Merit Badge Report for this purpose > Turn off Requirements and sort by Merit Badge.

Email Updates

Due to the Scoutbook mail server being placed on another blacklist, approximately 278,000 accounts for individuals not currently registered with the BSA or connected to a registered youth member of the BSA has had the e-mail Opt Out switch turned on. These individuals can have Scoutbook e-mail sent again by logging in to Scoutbook and navigating to My Dashboard → My Account → E-Mail and moving the Opt Out slider to the left so that the background is gray.

At this time the Scoutbook mail server is still blacklisted, impacting delivery to e-mail addresses controlled by Apple (ex: mac.com, me.com, icloud.com), Microsoft (ex: hotmail.com, outlook.com) and others.

1 Like