BSA Online Applications Access Extended to Accommodate Rechartering
To help ensure units have full access to BSA online systems while councils continue to process recharters, we are extending the grace period for units to continue accessing online systems for an additional 30 days. This includes Scoutbook, Internet Advancement, Application Manager, my.Scouting tools, and Den Leader Experience.
We believe this will benefit units and enhance the experience of many while councils continue to process renewals.
Note : This extension applies to the online and mobile applications but not to council access through ScoutNET. On May 31, 2020, Scoutbook and my.Scouting access will be reset to 60-days to remain consistent with our other platforms. Additionally, there may be some features that do not perform as usual during this extension. These issues will be reviewed and acted upon, as appropriate, during the next several months. For more information, please contact Member Care.
my Scouting Tools Issues
My primary position is district member at large. I have no unit level registration. My annual renewal was processed in February 2020.
I have lost access to the Organization Roster
For my district member at large position:
- YPT - I was in the 60 day YPT expiring alert period. That was indicated correctly on home page, but also some times as “expired”. To resolve this issue I redid the YPT training yesterday and today YPT is shown as ACTIVE.
- “View ID pass” is showing a default end date of 2020-12-30 instead of my actual term end date of the laast day of February in 2021. “organization” is blank.
my.Scouting tools (https://my.scouting.org)
- I have lost access to district tools (Training Manager, Member Manager, etc/)
My fix-it plan
- I appear to have lost the linkage of my position to my district which was OK after the council charter renewal on 1 March 2020. (my assignments in the Organization Security Manage was OK.)
- I am assuming this is a database linkage bug, instead of a council registrar data entry error.
- Member care (front line) said I had to have Key 3 access (which was not previously true). Any one heard if BSA IT has changed the access rules?
- File technical report in JIRA.
- Have council registrar (or national member care) check if I am still registered with my district. (May be difficult to do due to covid-19 restrictions in California).
- Have a district key-3 check and reset Organization Security Manager assignments.