Please merge account profiles

@RobertNemeth Your Scoutbook accounts have been merged.

@AlisonJohnson Yours should be fixed.

@AnneSilio Your accounts have been merged.

I also have two accounts for a leader that need to be merged please.
Old ID is 12712914
Current ID is 137180624
Thanks in advance!
Fred

@FrederickPeloso this is fixed

1 Like

I also have two accounts that need to be merged. I accidentally created a second account so I have one for my maiden name and one for my married name.
ID Iā€™d like to keep is 136450672
ID Iā€™d like merged is 14104265 (this one has all of my recent trainings that need to show up under the other ID)
Thank you!
Jessica

@JessicaJackson2 this is fixed

Thanks for the quick response!

Hello Donovan,

It looks like you are the merging guru. I hope you can help us. I am a parent of a Life Scout. My ID is 131479296.

I am posting about the need to merge the IDā€™s for my sonā€™s accounts. He started scouting in the Far East Council, then moved to Utah, then to DC, then back to the Far East Council. Along the way, he has had at least 3 IDā€™s assigned to him:

132303223 134845375 131479295

Weā€™d been told by local leadership that his accounts were merged some time ago. He is currently preparing for his Eagle Board of Review and, when weā€™ve gone to look up his information on his current account (the one linked to mine), it shows no activity or advancements other than a small number of service hours, some camping nights and miles hiked (all of which are not accurate).

We have no way of accessing his old accounts as far as we know. Is it possible to merge his three into one and keep all of the information that was entered before? Hopefully, there will be something still in the other accounts, so we donā€™t have to hand enter all of it and the records can be accurate (especially since his Scout Book with all of the specific dates was lost in our move from DC in 2018).

Anyway, our local leadership doesnā€™t know what to do. We contacted the Council. They donā€™t know. Please help us with this merge and make sure Iā€™m still attached. Thank you.

@TroyFuhriman I merged all 3 to current one - some MBs might have doubled - there is VERY little rank data in Scoutbook - in AKELA there is some posted below for the rebuild

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 10.33.37 AM
Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 10.33.45 AM

Thank you so much. Your work on this is tremendously helpful!

I need my two member IDā€™s merged.
I need MID 14022919 merged into MID 13035377

MID 13035377 is my original primary ID.

Thank you
Andrew Cozad

Hello,ā€¦

I need help getting two accounts merged as I cannot update anything in Scoutbook and it shows me pending as a Den Admin, even though the Unit leader has me approvedā€¦

Please merge BSA ID# 137410999 (number I got when I registered my son as a lion this year) with 12826705 (original ID number)
Susan Paone
User ID lilstorm

@SusanPaone this is fixed

@AndrewCozad Your Scoutbook accounts have been merged.

1 Like

My committee Chair was trying to fix it and I think I might have ended up with 3 or more accounts.

One of my member IDs is 134216700 - not sure what the others would be.
I think that another one is: Member ID5487963

I had a functioning Key 3 and Den Leader account last year, but my access ended on January 25th 2022. I think it was related to something with our unit registration process for the year.

Today when I went into Scoutbook it indicated that there were multiple accounts with the same email address as the one on that ID#. My profile was showing Pathway to Adventure Council (my unit as a youth) and not Greater St Louis Area Council (my current) with Unit 7037.

The pack tried to get me in with a new invite, but that made things worse and now I see an SSO error message for scoutbook.

Can you help get my accounts consolidated and fixed for Scoutbook?

Thank you,

Jonathan Cohen

Hello,

I have somehow ended up with two different user profiles which are duplicates. However, both are listing the same numbers:

BSA Member #: 137278201
User ID: 12295161

Can you please help me merge them?

Thanks.

@JohnWindish you do not have 2 users - you have 2 logins - your email and your username - they log into the same account - we can end one if you want

@JonathanCohen2 this is fixed for you

@JonathanCohen2 Ask your Committee Chair to contact your council Registrar and get your Tiger Adult Partner registration added to BSA member number 134216700. Somehow, it is on the old BSA member number in the former council.