Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Trying to get activity logs report

I’m trying to get a report of the troop’s service hours. All I can find is an Activities Summary Report, and all it gives me is “Please log onto your account and try again, or report this to the forums (81).”
So, here I am. Reporting it.

Hi, @FrankTurner.

There are instructions on using the new logs here. I think they include how to pull a report.

They were working on expanding the access to other than Key 3, Key 3 delegates, and Unit Advancement Chair (all as designated in the Organizational Security Manager at my.scouting.org). I believe that’s been done (at least to some extent), but since I’m a Key 3 delegate for my unit, I had access more-or-less from the start.

ETA:

I was pretty sure I had explained this somewhere recently. Try this thread:

Fortunately, I just discovered it still works in the old Scoutbook. I’m not dealing with that buggy, overly complicated IA2 mess. I’ll keep up with it in a spreadsheet like I do everything else and that nightmare becomes someone else’s problem next year.

If you would prefer it in spreadsheet form, a unit Admin can still Export / Backup the old camping / hiking / service logs for the entire unit:

https://qa.scoutbook.com/mobile/dashboard/admin/unit.asp?UnitID=XXXXXX&Action=ExportLogs

Where the XXXXXX is the unit’s Scoutbook UnitID number. (Please note that this is not your unit number – it is specific to Scoutbook. You can see the UnitID in the url when you go to your main unit page.)

Thanks, but I’ve got a spreadsheet already put together that I track payments, camping and hiking, along with all the other stuff Scoutbook never logged: conservation hours, riding miles, aquatics hours, etc. It even shows me when silver and gold devices have been earned for the National Outdoor Awards. All I have to do now is add service hours to it, and I won’t need to deal with that cumbersome thing the BSA’a IT people have forced on us.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.