BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

BSA Individual Registration - Periods of Registration

This discussion topic for identify individual BSA membership registration periods to help those involved in membership audits.

Related my.Scouting Tools are:
a. Member Manager
b. Organization Security Manager

• Functional roles assigned in the Organization Security Manager are not registered positions and they expire automatically at the end of the calendar year (December 31st).
    c. Online Registration system
    d. Internet Rechartering system

References:

1. RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA, June 2018, 100-492, ©2018 Boy Scouts of America, June 2018 Revision, ARTICLE “V. INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION”, p. 12, “Period of Registration
  2. Registration Guidebook, July 2019

PLEASE LET ME GET THE REFERENCE CITATIONS AND EXTRACTS POSTED BEFORE WE START DISCUSSION.

Period of Registration Extracts

a. Rules and Regulation
b. Registration Guidebook
(coming soon)

Period of Registration - Rules and Regulations

RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA , June 2018, 100-492, ©2018 Boy Scouts of America, June 2018 Revision, ARTICLE “V. INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION”, p. 12, “ Period of Registration

Period of Registration

The expiration of individual registration terms is as follows:
(a) National, regional, and area Scouters. At the end of the period for which they have been duly elected or appointed, unless registered in some other capacity.
(b) Council and district Scouters and those registered in the Scouter Reserve. At the expiration of the council year for which they are issued, unless registered in some other capacity.
© Unit Scouters serving in unit capacities only (including chartered organization representatives or group of citizens). At the expiration of the unit charter.
(d) Members. At the expiration of the registration of their respective units.
(e) Lone Cub Scouts and Lone Cub Scout friends and counselors. One year from the date of their last registration.
(f) Lone Scouts and Lone Scout friends and counselors. One year from the date of their last registration.
(g) Registered retired professional Scouters. One year from the date of their last registration.

My apologies. I have not had time to get back to researching this topic.