Period of Registration Extracts
a. Rules and Regulation
b. Registration Guidebook
Period of Registration - Rules and Regulations
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA , June 2018, 100-492, ©2018 Boy Scouts of America, June 2018 Revision, ARTICLE “V. INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION”, p. 12, “ Period of Registration ”
Period of Registration
The expiration of individual registration terms is as follows:
a. National, regional, and area Scouters. At the end of the period for which they have been duly elected or appointed, unless registered in some other capacity.
b. Council and district Scouters and those registered in the Scouter Reserve. At the expiration of the council year for which they are issued, unless registered in some other capacity.
c. Unit Scouters serving in unit capacities only (including chartered organization representatives or group of citizens). At the expiration of the unit charter.
d. Members. At the expiration of the registration of their respective units.
e. Lone Cub Scouts and Lone Cub Scout friends and counselors. One year from the date of their last registration.
f. Lone Scouts and Lone Scout friends and counselors. One year from the date of their last registration.
g. Registered retired professional Scouters. One year from the date of their last registration.
REGISTRATION GUIDEBOOK, July 2019, 100-092, ©2019 Boy Scouts of America, July 2019
Basic Rules of Registration, Extract, p. 6
- Youth registered in Scouting units should participate on an ongoing basis and not for a onetime event or activity.
- All BSA applicants should be registered immediately after their applications and fees are received by the council.
- Unit charters may not be held and remain unposted by a council for the purpose of withholding dropped membership or delaying payment to the National Council.
- Cub Scouting, p. 9; Scouts BSA, p. 10; Venturing, p. 11; Sea Scouting, p. 12: “Minimum six months, maximum 18 months”
- Lone Scout and Lone Scout Counselor, p. 26: “A Lone Scout and Lone Scout Counselor may register for a term of one (1) to 12 months, and registration expiration may be at any time. For management purposes, it is recommended that registration for all Lone Scouts and Lone Scout counselors in your council expire in the same month.”
- Exploring, p. 83: “Registering Posts and/or Clubs. Exploring posts/clubs may register for between six to 18 months, and the expiration date is determined by the council.”
Non-unit Registrants, p. 24
The local council sets the registration period for each group of non-unit registrants, and their registration must be renewed annually. A renewal roster can be produced each year for the purpose of reregistering council and district Scouters.