This discussion topic is about the issues related to basic position-specific training for members of a district committee (first published 9/23/2019). For example:
- What groups of training modules apply to who? operation committee chairs, operation committee members, or both?
- Do operation committee chairs need to complete district member at large training before operation committee training?
This post is a first DRAFT. Citations need to be added. Content of this post may change.
Related my.Scouting tools
- BSA Learn Center
- Organization Security Manager
- Training Manager
- Member Manager
Access to my.Scouting tools varies with how people are registered or assigned functional roles in the Organization Security Manager tool.
The voting members of the district committee include annually elected District Members-at-Large, appointed Chartered Organization Representatives for organizations sponsoring units in the District, elected Council Members-at-Large residing in the District.
- A prospective district commissioner must be registered as a District Member at Large before being approved as a District Commissioner.
- The chairs of operating committees as suppose to be District Members at Large.
Training Requirements Document Structure
My first pass observations:
- Training varies for each registered position or functional role.
- Training is excepted to take 30 to 90 days to complete, depending on role.
- Training modules are grouped by
- Acclimation - same for all
- Before first meeting, First 30 days, 90 days - varies