Duplicate scoutbook account - merge request

@JenniferOlinger
He wants to keep the one starting with ev
& ending with lv please.

Hi @DonovanMcNeil ,

Same issue with duplicate IDs. Unfortunately I have three BSA IDs. I have contacted NCAC Council to make sure connection and training to my scouts are housed under one ID only. Now need assistance to delete the other two.

To keep - 14065670 (active links to two scouts as parents, my training, and position assignment)
To delete (1) - 12924166
To delete (2) - 13990815
Your assistance is very much appreciated!

@ChrisCh there is no deleteing of merging BSA #s just SB Users - On BSA #s log into my.scouting.org > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials

I will look at accounts

That is fixed for you

Thank you so much for the quick response and assistance.

@Chris_H I have merged the parent’s Scoutbook accounts.

He also has 2 usernames (login) at my.Scouting:

One starts with the letter “s”
The other one has Google sign in turned on using the e-mail that starts with the letter “s”

Which username does he want to keep? He has logged into both recently.

@JenniferOlinger

Please keep the one attached to Google sign in

@Chris_H OK, he should log in using the “Sign in with Google” button, his Google name (his e-mail beginning with the letter “s”), and Google password.

He is currently opted out of e-mails from Scoutbook. He can opt back in by:

1. Log in to Scoutbook at: scoutbook.scouting.org
  2. Click on “My Account”.
  3. Click on “Email”.
  4. Switch the toggle to the right of “Messaging Opt-Out” to opt back in to e-mails from Scoutbook

I have a big request. This adult leader has been having account issues for many years. He has done a lot of training with BSA, but I assume at least some of it was done on different accounts. We’re currently trying to register him with our troop, but it seems the Council doesn’t even see the account he is using. Here are his BSA Member IDs that he sent me:

It would seem that x8994 is the one this parent is currently using. One of his sons probably has that account attached, because that scout has 2 of his father’s accounts. The other son (both are in our troop) has only x7384, and Scoutbook says that the parent isn’t connected to his x7384 account, so I would assume he has access to only one of his boys.

Here is what I received from the Council:

“The only number that works for our council is 136497384. The last time he was registered was in 2021. I have no youth protection that is currently activity. Last time he completed YPT was is 2-1-2019, which expired 2-1-2021.”

• yet, I have two of his YPTs on x8994 - one has expiration date of 04/20/2024, and the other one was sent to Council in March 2022.

Another message the Council gave me (on 4/11/24) is the following:
"Here is a message we received yesterday from National:

There is not a way at the moment to merge records. Not even by Member Care. You do not need to open a ticket with Member Care to do this for you. They do not have that capability. It is on the roadmap to provide a mechanism to perform this function, but it is not available now and we do not have an ETA on it.

When doing a person search, you can always check the option at the bottom of the screen for “Only Active Membership”. This will eliminate duplicate or expired records from returning.

My main concern is for this parent leader loosing the records of his training. I have no way of accessing what he has done so far, but it is my understanding that he did multiple trainings, both in person and online.

Is there any way you guys can help? If you have any questions for this parent, please let me know - I am sure I can invite him to this discussion thread.

Thank you so much for your time!

My son just turned 18 and accidentally created a new account while trying to sign in and did his ypt under the new account. can we merge these

@NadezhdaAnikeev I sent you a private message.

@JohnCascio When your son created his account at my.Scouting, there was a typo in his first name, so the code was not able to find a match and created a new BSA member ID number.

This should be fixed.

Thanks for the help on this. It was holding up his Eagle application

1 Like

We have an adult leader with 2 BSA ID/accounts that need to be merged.

The primary account is 12576242.
Please removed ID 134865028

@JenniferReiter those are the wrong numbers - but I assume you are talking about Julie?

@JenniferReiter that is fixed - I recommend that They contact your local council and ask them to use the Registrar Tools to look up the children. When they look up the children, they want to check children’s “User Relationship” and make sure that children are connected to parent with Only the correct BSA member ID number 12576242

Yes, Julie.
Are you able to consolidate?

@JenniferReiter yes it is cleaned up - see my note above

Thanks. I will follow up

Hello! I got registered (multiple) as Camp Staff in GGAC, I am also ASM for a troop in this council. After that position was added to my profile that messed up my accounts again, making my member ID for this council primary, so when I go to Scoutbook I have access to all my units with this number. But when I go to my.scouting I don’t have access to any of my tools to be able to do my work at council. I need my other member id with GYC to be the primary one again, please. That way I can have access to all my units in SB and all the things on my.scouting under same member id. Thank you!

135450663 - should be the primary one
14189808 - secondary