Merit Badges at 100% but not marked as completed

In my troop we officially reward merit badges at a Court of Honor. Every once in a while I find that a scout tells me he did not receive a badge he earned. When I check Scoutbook, the badge shows up as 100% complete, with all requirements marked approved. However, it is not listed as “COMPLETE” We often enter partials from Blue Cards. It appears that sometimes, when badges were originally partials, when the final requirements are approved, if the MB counselor did not go back and separately select to complete the MB it is not marked as complete in Scoutbook. Is there a way to search and find these badges so that I don’t have scouts complaining about badges that they should have received at the COH. In the case of this scout, the final requirement completed was 8 (marked completed and approved on November 5th, 2019. We had a COH and used the Troop Reports for both purchasing and awarding. This MB was not listed on those. After the COH the scout asked about the badge, and on checking Scoutbook it was listed as 100% completed, but the top area did not have the blue checkmark and had no date. Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of this. I then went and put in the date of the last requirement being filled and he will get the badge at this COH.
What I want to know is, is there a way to search for any badges like this (100% complete but not marked as completed) so that this does not happen again?

This is a known issue. It is in the backlog to be fixed but we do not know when it will be scheduled.

you can use report builder to find these - that is what I have done

1 Like

Donovan, what did use use as your descriptors to get these to show?

Select all MBs - Select show percent - run - then SEARCH for 100

1 Like

Thanks, I found one that I would have missed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.