New Troop Financial Information

I was looking at the new payment log features and love the adult payment logs. what I do not understand is the Troop 11 B Payment Log. I can not figure out how any of these numbers would be correct. I have looked at where I can pull down all the transactions and nothing even comes close to showing 110K cash available. I also can not find any documentation where this is really explained to know how it comes up with these numbers.

I need some Info. also, who can see this information as I would hate one day someone thinks we have $110K and then see our real books and then ask where did the money go.

This seems big since it has to do with money and the preserved that we have anywhere close to $110K is totally wrong. We have not even had that much money

After digging some

Total Cash is a total of all of our payments

Net Assets are a total of all of our Charges

And Cash Available is total cash - Total Liabilities which is not correct as it should be payments - charges

Not sure what Fees Receivable, Total Assets, and total liabilities are.

Note we did not ever really use the feature to pay for an exact event just charged scouts for events and items and they made payments on their accounts and that has worked and that is still in the system and that part looks correct.

1. So I guess I need to know what Fees Receivable, Total Assets, and total liabilities are.
  2. Also how to change our charges to Total Liabilities (Payables)
  3. how to 0 out the other fields since we are not using them.

@GaryFeutz - I had no idea how to answer these so I ask James to post here

I’m no expert in this, but these two pages (especially the 2nd) look like good places to start.

https://help.scoutbook.scouting.org/knowledge-base/what-kind-of-financial-recording-does-scoutbook-provide/

@JamesSwaringen Check out those links. If you still have questions, let me know.

I do as those make since but our numbers are not correct really as it shows total cash of $112K which is a sum of all the payments all of our scouts have made over the years. whcih to me that does not really make since.

Net Assets are a total of all of our Charges

And Cash Available is (total cash - Total Liabilities) which is not correct as it should be payments - charges

I still can not figure out what Fees Receivable, Total Assets, and total liabilities are in our case and how would I change that?

Note we did not ever really use the feature to pay for an exact event just charged scouts for events and items and they made payments on their accounts and that has worked and that is still in the system and that part looks correct.

1. So I guess I need to know what Fees Receivable, Total Assets, and total liabilities are.
  2. Also how to change our charges to Total Liabilities (Payables)
  3. how to 0 out the other fields since we are not using them.

@JamesSwaringen There are instructions in those links.

In order to take advantage of the system, an initial adjustment needs to be performed as the system has no clue what your true cash balance is. If you follow the instructions, then hopefully it makes sense.

The links also provide descriptions and how the fields are calculated.

If you read that material and still have questions - I’d be happy to explain again. You might also want to look at this post Payments log best practices? - #9 by GaryFeutz

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.