Resolving Duplicate BSA IDs

Hello, I have a adult leader who had his accounts merged by Council due to not being able to login, but when he try’s to log in, his profile show that he needs to change his email. changemyemail@scoutbook.com, when he follows the steps and enters his email, he gets a response that this email is already in use. We then went back to the login and used the forgot my username, entered the in use email, and got a response that this email is not in the system. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

@AndrewMickelson If you post his BSA member number (no names, please), we can take a look

His BSA ID# 13493381
Thanks!

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

@AndrewMickelson I believe I have this fixed for you now

1 Like

I cant figure out how to do private messages. Could Jennifer or another person please reach out to me and let me know what discrepancies are being shown in the system when it comes to my birthdate? I am not able to locate where two different birthdates are being listed and thus dont know which one needs fixed. Thanks for the help!

@MatthewMeketa I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

Hi I’m having a similar problem but Manage Member ID is not fixing it for me. I seem to have an old BSA ID that I need to link to my account but “Add Member ID” isn’t working for me. It’s causing a problem with our Troop recharter :frowning:

@JosephYates

I found 2 BSA Member IDs (MID) for you. One ends in 695 the other in 740. Are these what you have? It appears to me 695 should be primary.

Thanks so much for the quick response! Yes, my primary BSA ID in my.scouting is
Member ID
Council
National Capital Area Council 082

There are others that I have added in the past from other councils, where we have been (I’m in the military so my boys have been in Guam, PA and now MD!)

but in our Troop recharter scheen, I’m listed as having “135774840” – i tried adding that one as well per an email from our district contract, but it gives me an error and won’t let me add it.

Has been deleted. That’s why you can’t add it.

@edavignon
Thanks so much for the quick response! Yes, my primary BSA ID in my.scouting is
Member ID
Council
National Capital Area Council 082

There are others that I have added in the past from other councils, where we have been (I’m in the military so my boys have been in Guam, PA and now MD!)

but in our Troop recharter scheen, I’m listed as having “135774840” – i tried adding that one as well per an email from our district contract, but it gives me an error and won’t let me add it.

@edavignon
is there a way to undelete it?

@edavignon … because it’s what is listed for me in our recharter account, and we can’t seem to change our recharter account to my current BSA ID for some reason, which is causing us to not be able to recharter our whole troop…

Your registered MID in NCAC is 13988695. You will need to contact the Council for help with getting the recharter roster updated with this MID.

@JosephYates

Your MID was updated in Scoutbook today so Internet Recharter should have the new MID tomorrow.

@edavignon Thanks so much for all your help!!!

I’m not sure what is going on with this one, but if someone could take a look.
This parent transferred from another council and has two accounts on scoutbook.
I tried going into their my.scouting.org account as others have done to add the other account to make one primary, but it gives me errors and I can’t add them.
Here is the info:
BSA: 13130940
User ID: 819047

BSA: 13871046
User ID: 12160127

@CurtAlphonso this is fixed in Scoutbook

Perfect!!! Thanks for you help.
Curt