Resolving Duplicate BSA IDs

Can you check another for me?
Ryan Gustafson
133518066 - C10
231930 - I think his training is under this one

Ryan can deal with this by him log into my.scouting.org > click Menu top left > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials > if he makes each PRIMARY for 24 hours at a time - both will fully get the training - so have him start with the Pacific Cascade one first

Thank you! Iā€™ll check the others and see if their names are different. Appreciate the help.

@DonovanMcNeil can you check another for me? When he signs into my.scouting.org he is not assigned a BSA ID at all. When he tries to manually enter it, he receives the following message: failed to persist membership. User name empty. His training profile shows his training history from his Pack he crossed over from, still in C10. Thank you.
John Heid - 133624204

@DawnRoss I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

Hi, I have two parents w/ duplicate accounts.

MID 12719294 & 13252129
MID 13775875 & 13166970

Thanks

@DougWright we can do nothing merging BSA#s either contact your council - or the users can log into my.scouting.org > click Menu top left > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials

On the second one I merged the 2 SB accounts - the login is Hellkat1115

I am hoping you can merge two of my BSA ID#s.
My inactive one is #131764379
My active one (and the one I need to maintain) is #136432631

There isnā€™t much of importance on the older -4379 account, so if itā€™s easier to just delete it then please feel free to do so.

If thereā€™s anything I can do on my end, please contact me. Thanks!!!

Kevin Moody
Last Frontier, Eagle District

Okay, I have talked with our assistant registrar.

MID 12719294 has been kept. It has the family connections.

MID 13252129 has been merged. It had the same address & email, but a misspelled last name - had an ā€œoā€ where it needed an ā€œeā€.

Now for Scoutbook. Yes, there are two accounts.

Scoutbook User 437425 is currently connected to his scout, but has the wrong MID and his name is misspelled.

The other account is not connected, has the correct MID and is spelled correctly.

Both accounts have the same email.

Can this be fixed easily?

@BridgetOchs - OK fixed - he needs to us his my.scouting login of Petersenmichael with that password

I have a member with two BSA MemberIDs. One # (137095312) is in our Council (055). The second (132293637) in a different council (227). He moved into our council back in 2018, and his first leadership position was as ASM in 2019. He was first registered as a Merit Badge Counselor in Sept. 2019 and I was successfully able to upload him to ScoutBook at that time. My last successful upload of him was on November 25. With my next upload, on December 29, we started having trouble uploading him to ScoutBook. The problem continues today. His MBC registration was renewed for 2021 in January.

He is currently registered in our council as a ASM and MBC. When I try to upload his MeritBadge Counselor record to ScoutBook, I get a " BSA Member ID does not exist in Scoutbook" error. I have not been successful in getting ScoutNet to push his current MBC registration thru to ScoutBook. I have tried adding characters to his name to force a push, but to no avail. (that usually works)

Recently, using Volunteer Support Tools, I see that his ScoutBook account (498861) is linked to his BSA MID in the old Council. That ScoutBook record shows past positions from both the Spirit of Adventure and Silicon Valley Monterey Bay councils.

When I ā€œFind in ScoutBookā€ using his active BSA MID (137095312), it shows that ScoutBook account (User ID 11744960) was linked to BSA MID 137095312. But that record was created and deleted on 1/11/2021. That record also has the Email: changeyouremail@scoutbook.com error.

When I ā€œFind in ScoutBookā€ using his old BSA MID (132293637), it brings up his old ScoutBook record (498861), linked to his old BSA MID (132293637).

I asked him to try to ust the My.Scouting Manage Member ID to add his active BSA MID to his record. When he tried that, he got a ā€œThe provided Member ID does not match existing user provfile.ā€ error.

So how do we get his My.Scouting account to link to his active BSA MID in our council? And how do we get his Merit Badge Counselor registration to push thru to his ScoutBook record?

Thanks for any help,
Greg

Not sure exactly what fixed this, but somehow we managed to get his My.Scouting account to link to both BSA Member IDs. (He could not do that at My.Scouting because it flagged the new BSA MemberID as a different Council). Using Volunteer tools, I was finally able to get his My.Scouting account to show both his BSA MemberIDs. Once that happened, his Merit Badge Counselor registration pushed thru to ScoutBook and I was able to upload his Counselor Merit Badge list to ScoutBook.

Iā€™ve got another adult leader having issues with multiple BSAs. BSA IDs are below. She used the my.scouting manage member ID to merge them, but lost access to all her Troop functions in Scoutbook because the BSA ID associated with her merit badge counselor roll seems to taken over.

Prime: 13157036
MBC: 13313682

@LynnCrochetiere the user needs to set the unit MID Primary

I just asked her to double-check. My.scouting is showing 13157036 as her prime BSA ID. Any other thought?

Well she has no Troop roles - they were all ended because the MID in Scoutbook is not registered. I can merge the SB Accounts to the MBC MID Account then thigs can be added back

1 Like

I am having a similar issue. I was told that I have two member IDs and I need to merge them, because I have training attached to each of them. When I enter the member ID into the Manage Member ID tool, I get the message, ā€œFailed to persist membership. Reason: User name is empty.ā€ Any help would be appreciated!

The member ID currently associated with my profile is: 137162021
The member ID I need to add and set to primary is: 135398019

@RhiannonShoults the 2 numbers have different DOB - your council can correct that (and merge them at same time)

I too am having issues but it appears to be somewhat different. Moved to a new state/troop. My old council (Moraine Trails, ID 137228402) is in my BSA account but I cannot add my new troop (Old North State, ID 137254824). When I go to the ā€œManage Member IDā€ it says that I ā€œdonā€™t have any memberships yet.ā€ at the bottom of the page. And when I try to add my new one, I get the error ā€œFailed to persist membership. Reason user name is empty.ā€ My local council doesnt know how to fix it.

@MatthewMeketa The reason you arenā€™t able to add that one with Manage Member ID is because the date of birth does not match.