Scoutbook Advancement - Merit Badges Auto U

I’m a bit confused as to how merit badges are automatically populated into specific rank requirements. In the past, I was under the impression (maybe wrongfully), that a set number of merit badges had to be earned during a rank progression. If this is true, then why is Scoutbook throwing them where ever and in no set date sequence it seems.

For instance, a Scout just complete 5 merit badges within the last 4-months yet Life only shows three from this year and two from 3-years ago. The other two where pushed to Eagle.

Maybe dates don’t matter anymore; when looking at the Scoutbook Life Advancement requirement, #3, it states:

Earn five more merit badges (so that you have 11 in all) including any number more from the list for Eagle so that you have a total of seven from the required list of Eagle in that total number of 11 merit badges. You may choose any of the 17 merit badges on the required list for Eagle to fulfill this requirement. See Eagle rank requirement 3 for this list.*

When reading it straight off the page, I don’t see any stipulation on a timeline. My understanding is that if the Scout completes the set number of merit badges, they are good to go. Hopefully I’m reading this correct; anyone got anything else?

Thanks,
Chris

Merit badges can be earned at anytime, they are not dependent on current rank. SB adds them both Chronologically by date earned, and if they meet the Eagle MB requirement for a given rank (Star/Life)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.