Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
Thanks to some Parents stepping up, we now have a girls troop. The issue we’ve ran into is that when subscribing to the calendar via url, the ics file has the same name for both the B and G calendars. This is causing issues with some of our parents and the calendar programs they prefer to use.
Is there way to get the ICS file updated to have the B and G designation?
@jacobfetzer I didn’t really solve the duplicate name issue. It just no longer became an issue. I used a script that syncs the scoutbook calendar to a google calendar. The time interval can be set so that it syncs more often than 24 hrs.
As you can see, the X-WR_CALNAME is identical. When I subscribed to these calendars via url using Google Calendar, the were imported with the same name. This isn’t really an issue if you’re using the Google Calendar website/mobile app. You can “rename” them. I use quotations, because if you use a program that uses the Google API to access the calendar the original name in the ICS file is used.
Edit: I just reread my original posts and I see how it was unclear. My apologies for the confusion between file name and X-WR-CALNAME.