YPT issues today?

I have been trying to retake YPT today - giving up after 5-6 tries. It freezes part-way thru the videos in the first module (the woman speaker is saying ". . . big changes in a child’s life. . . " Logged out and back in, cleared my history, recited the scout oath, etc.
This is on a desktop pc, using chrome. Karl Gerdes, NCAC, Chain Bridge District.

@RonaldBlaisdell are you aware of any YPT issues?

Have you tried a private window?

There were issues early this morning, but I heard they were resolved by 10am. Incognito window in Chrome would certainly help.

One potential caveat on the incognito front from a post by @TimothyRogers:

FYI - incognito usually disconnects LMS tracking and thus kills things like bookmarking.

Not entirely sure what impact that might have (as it’s outside my field). However, if I understood it correctly, it might mean you need to complete the entire training in one sitting or else it might lose your place. Maybe the fact that it’s tracked in modules gets around that, though. Not sure.

Incognito will not allow any tracking info to be recorded.

| Charley Hamilton CharleyHamilton
August 22 |

• | - |

One potential caveat on the incognito front from a post by @TimothyRogers:

FYI - incognito usually disconnects LMS tracking and thus kills things like bookmarking.

Not entirely sure what impact that might have (as it’s outside my field). However, if I understood it correctly, it might mean you need to complete the entire training in one sitting or else it might lose your place. Maybe the fact that it’s tracked in modules gets around that, though. Not sure.

Tried again, using incognito window in chrome, and private window in edge. In both cases, videos froze about 10 minutes into the initial program. Tried to run the bullying segment, to see if that made any difference, experienced video freezing several minutes in as well. I have no problem taking all of the modules at one sitting, once it starts working correctly. Suggestions would be appreciated. Karl Gerdes, BSA ID 115910707

A computer reboot, and working in chrome’s incognito mode, finally enabled me to complete the course.
Karl G

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.