Ability to delete calendar events from new Den Leader portal

It would be really nice to be able to have full control over setting up each meeting, as in Scoutbook. As some of the activities are also dependent on outside weather conditions.

I am posting a reply here as the first thread I read was closed without anyway to update but also no resolution.

BSA - if you want to get into the application development business:

1. Only develop apps and features your customers (scouts, volunteers, etc.) ask for and will use - or it will go unused. You have discovered the formula for failure here.

2. Have good customer service that takes in feedback and follows through to resolution. Telling your people that a decision made so far removed from the realities of the situation on the ground is very disappointing.

Don’t make the job harder, make it easier with options to fit every situation.

3 Likes

A little more from the development team:

Each meeting is individually editable, after it’s been placed on the calendar, for date/time/location so that it can fit your den’s schedule. Meetings can also be stacked (or multiple meetings completed in one day) to accommodate your den’s plan. Meetings can be scheduled up to two weeks in the past and as far in the future as you desire.

Regarding the Bobcat rank meeting, this has been assigned to all dens to complete. If there are no new Scouts in the den – or all have achieved Bobcat rank – it is a best practice to still take attendance on the meeting to clear it from the schedule. Advancements will be unchanged and reflect the original date of completion.

Bill: Again it is absurd that the program is so rigid that mistakes and useless meetings cannot be removed form the calendar. I want to believe the developers were trying to be helpful but we need more flexibility and less central control.

4 Likes

Something that I found helpful was the “Apply the same settings to all future meetings” tab when editing a meeting. If you need to skip a weekly meeting due to a holiday/or a weather event. It will move all remaining planned meetings forward if you move it to the next week. This was very useful.

I do have a question, how do I add electives to the calendar?

The electives are not supported in the den leader experience yet.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.