Adult Awards and Financial Account

@JacksonKoontz well first there is Bankruptcy which has greatly reduced the BSA IT staff. Second BSA does not see this as any kind of priority to keeping itself or units functioning, many councils do not enter awards (mile swim or Silver antelope) for adults in the system that already exists. BSA is also in a major Platform transition which is taking priority over everything but day to day function.

I am sure if you made a $100K donation, with an earmark for this feature it may get prioritized.

4 Likes

@JacksonKoontz Being in the backlog does not guarantee when or even if it will be implemented. In this case, it means it is being considered and will not be forgotten. There are items in the backlog that have been there even longer than that item, and some were even implemented in the past year (Den Chief support).

The SUAC gets some input into the prioritization, but the ultimate decision is up to BSA IT. I am in agreement that adult awards would be beneficial in scoutbook for many of the reasons you stated, but there are also many other things I’d personally rank higher, especially considering the effort needed to make it work right.

Unfortunately, the BSA IT budget has been reduced significantly in the past year or two, as all national staffing levels have.

Your feedback is appreciated.

5 Likes

The Scoutbook Payment Log system is being redesigned. The new system will allow for tracking adult payment logs. And it will be smart enough that if the member moves from one unit to another the old unit will still retain records of what is owed to the unit or what is credit in the account. We don’t have a date on when it will be released.

3 Likes

It would be very helpful to note when Scouters receive the District Award of Merit or other awards that are simply a “short answer” in a database.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.