Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

BBCode and emails sporadically not working

Sometimes, event notification emails that use BBCode look like this:

NOTE THAT THE VENUE HAS CHANGED. This event will take place at the Carbondale Lowe’s, not Walmart.

Please join us for Troop 66G’s first Popcorn Show & Sell!

Sometimes, they look like this:

[i][b]NOTE THAT THE VENUE HAS CHANGED. This event will take place at the Carbondale Lowe’s, not Walmart.[/b][/i]

Please [url=https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040C4FA4AF28A6FA7-show]join us[/url] for Troop 66G's first Popcorn Show & Sell! 

There seems to be no rhyme or reason for when BBCode works, and when it doesn’t. It’s not an error in the code itself; it shows up fine on the Scoutbook event page.

What’s going on with this, and will you please fix it?

I have notified the development team.

2 Likes

This just happened to me. I did a bunch of test notifications last night to perfect the notification. I then went to the existing campout note and pasted in my markups. I was then presented with an email showing all of the markups and no cool effects.

I was wondering if old events are not the same as new ones?

I don’t think so; all of mine are from after they implemented this feature (from the first day on).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.