Bug? Dens splitting into "phantom" dens

I’ve had this annoyance for several months now, but it wasn’t much of a big deal. Now that we’re getting an influx or scouts, it’s becoming more of a problem. We have a single den per rank (6 in all). What’s happened in the past is that when I’m using the name drop-down to quickly move between scouts, my Webelos were split between 2 “dens”, both marked as “den 1” and with 3 scouts in a Webelos den and the other two in a separate Webelos den that I’d have to scroll around to find that grouping (this will make more sense in the attached pictures). Now that we’re getting more new scouts, our Lions den has split into two “phantom” dens and now I have 3 “phantom” Webelos dens with one of my Webelos that was previously in a phantom den now in his OWN phantom den! I’m not sure if this is something to do with our Council messing up when they’re adding our kiddos (doesn’t seem likely since that Webelos scout that’s been here all year got split into his own den) or if it’s some kind of weird bug. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

@KarlJarvis would probably need to setup a screenshare to understand what you are seeing

When you go to the pack page, do you see multiple webelos den 1s? If so, go to one of them and click reassign scouts to bring the rest of them in. Then, edit the other instances of the den and disapprove it.

1 Like

Sounds good to me! I was trying to figure out how to DM on here to give you my details, but now I’m not so sure DMing even exists in this forum, lol!

DMing has been restricted because youth can be on these forums. It has to be initiated by admins.

Nope, just 1 per den (see screenshot attached above).

Ah, makes total sense, thanks!

Is anyone available to screenshare now? I need to head into work at some point :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@KarlJarvis I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green envelope > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

For anyone else who runs into this issue, we just created a new den and moved all of the affected Webelos scouts into that new den and got rid of the old one. I also removed the previous Webelos 2 den for now since we didn’t have anyone in there. It also somehow cleaned up the Lions den automagically as well when I shuffled the Webelos around. It was also suggested to not use den 1 for each of our dens. I just figured we’d have a den 1 for each rank and then a den 2 whenever we grew to need that, but apparently that’s wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.