Calendar for Order of The Arrow members

Calendar for Order of The Arrow members

It would be very helpful if “OA members” were included in the drop-down menu under “choose one or more calendars” when creating new events. It would be further helpful if OA members were automatically included in the new OA members calendar drop-down. This would allow units to quickly add OA events to their calendar without impacting other important unit aspects - such as Scouts being assigned to patrols with OA and not-OA members.

1 Like

I agree that it would be handy. In the interim, I’ve been doing the following to facilitate stuff like that. I’m the unit rep adviser for our troop.

I add the OA reminders (like chapter meetings, OA events, etc) to the troop calendar for our OA unit rep. Whenever we have new arrowmen complete their ordeal, I add them to any upcoming OA events. I duplicate events (like chapter meetings) using the Feature Assistant Extension so that I maintain the list going forward. The extension also makes it a lot easier to update the invitee list for future events that are already in the calendar as new arrowmen are added, although the number of people is generally pretty manageable even by hand.

One advantage of having them on the global unit calendar (versus a subunit calendar) is that anyone checking the unit calendar can see these events and factor them in accordingly (e.g. if a large chunk of the senior scouts will be going to a lodge or section event, it might not be a good weekend for a unit campout).

1 Like

It would be great if we could overlay council, district, lodge, chapter, and holiday “global” calendars.

We just manually enter lodge / chapter events that don’t conflict with unit activities.

2 Likes

It would be handy to be able to “subscribe” the Scoutbook calendars to the calendar feeds (e.g. iCal) from other BSA sources. Not every council/district/lodge/etc has one, but it would be nice to be able to take advantage of the ones that do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.