Cannot add Asst Den Leader to Tiger Den

When a leader correctly registers as an Asst Den Leader (DA), they show up on the Pack roster with the position auto-created from the My.Scouting application approval. But when viewed from the leader’s profile > Current Positions, ScoutBook will not allow assigning that existing Assistant Den Leader position to Lion or Tiger Dens.

When trying to +Add a new position from the leader’s profile, ScoutBook will not allow assigning an Assistant Den Leader position to Tiger Dens. There is an obvious gap between Lion & Wolf.

Viewed from the Tiger Den page, +Add Leader button, ScoutBook does list an option for Asst Den Leader in the dropdown, but will not allow the assignment as it is grayed out.

From the Unit Roster +Add New Leader button, ScoutBook will not allow assigning an Assistant Den Leader position to Tiger Dens. There is an obvious gap between Lion & Wolf.

I have discovered that if, and only if, a leader was previously assigned Asst Den Leader of a Lion Den, then the position will remain in effect when that Den is advanced to a Tiger Den.
ScoutBook will not allow assigning an Assistant Den Leader to a Tiger Den by any other means, but it does allow it to exist under a unique scenario. This is probably only by coincidence.

I understand that Tiger Den Leader used to be a separate position, but no reason they can’t have a DA in Scoutbook. Lion Guide was allowed to have a DA without any unique moniker. Especially now since National has vaguely & without announcement discontinued the titles of Lion Guide & Tiger Den Leader, at least the patches are discontinued & ScoutShop tells us they are now to wear Den Leader. It is very confusing to new volunteers when the patches they wear don’t match up with their assignments in Scoutbook, & we have to use workarounds.

The Tiger Den Leader, Webelos Leader and Assistant Webelos Leader positions still exist despite the patches being discontinued. Note that there is no Assistant Tiger Den Leader position.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.