Charles Townes Supernova Award Missing

The Webelos/AoL Supernova award is no longer listed under awards. The other one shows up still, however I have a Scout who earned the Charles Townes award this summer, shows the image of the medal on her profile page with her other awards, but when you look at her awards progress in Scoutbook it is not there.

The Dr. Charles Townes Supernova Award is listed in Scoubook as Webelos Scout Supernova Award (2018). Do you not see this at the bottom of the Cub Nova/STEM Awards section?

No, it’s not there. It lists all of the Nova awards, then CS Supernova (2018), and that is it.

Is the scout in a Webelos den? Are you using Scoutbook or Internet Advancement?

She is in a Webelos den (Arrow of Light), and this is in Scoutbook.

As a quick check, do you see other Webelos specific awards, such as the Webelos Shooting Sports awards?

The other possibility is that scoutbook isn’t displaying it because it thinks she’s already earned it. You can go back to your pack page and click export/backup > advancement. Using Excel, you can filter on the scout and other info. In particular, look to see if both Supernova (Webelos) and Webelos scout Supernova Award (2018) are shown.

I have 4 boys who have earned and have had their applications for the Charles Townes Supervova Award approved.

I’m having the same issue and CS Supernova (2018) is not coming up on the drop down list only the Nova awards are listed. This is for an Arrow of Light Webelos and I am in Scoutbook.

In order to purchase the awards, this information needs to be entered. Any suggestions aside from what has been discussed here?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 10.23.42 AM Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 10.24.04 AM

I see it in Quick Entry and Individually

@AudreyLewin Same question for you?

As a quick check, do you see other Webelos specific awards, such as the Webelos Shooting Sports awards?

The other possibility is that scoutbook isn’t displaying it because it thinks she’s already earned it. You can go back to your pack page and click export/backup > advancement. Using Excel, you can filter on the scout and other info. In particular, look to see if both Supernova (Webelos) and Webelos scout Supernova Award (2018) are shown.

Look at the scout’s page, do you see the image of the supernova award by the other award images?

This is an award that your council has to enter approval for. So, I’m wondering if they did and it somehow synched to both versions. The presence of one causes the other to not show on the awards page. So, if both were marked as earned, that could be why neither is showing. But I need some help confirming this.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.