Completed Training in my.Scouting only Showing as Partially Complete

I recently completed a few courses under my.Scouting. For whatever reason, they all show as 60% complete. I retook another short course today just to see what would happen, and it went from 100% to 30% complete.

I have been using a fully updated version of Firefox on a Windows 11 box. This is a new glitch. Any thoughts? Is there guidance out concerning issues with either Firefox or this updated version of Windows?

Thanks for the feedback!

Most likely you did not finish - what is the BSA # and what is the course?

@LeeDoty

This is the training appearing in your training record going back to March. Anything you did today would may not appear until tomorrow.

Donovan,

Thanks for the email. My Member ID is 136422903

The three courses that I recently completed that only showed 60% completion were:

• WB Staff Recruiting and Development

• WB Team Based Learning

• WB Methods & Model

The course that I retook to see what kind of percentage I would get dropped it from complete to 30%:

• Health and Safety in Wood Badge

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,
Lee Doty

@LeeDoty I will defer to @edavignon - I have no idea if WB courses are recorded? were they done today?

No, they were not. But again, they only show 60% complete, so I don’t know why they would show up.

@TimothyRogers I have no idea on this? @LeeDoty I guess they are in the online system?

@DonovanMcNeil, I’m not sure what you mean by “I guess they are in the online system.” Yes, this was all online, under my.Scouting.

@TimothyRogers

Do you have any insights? When I look at Lee’s record in Akela, none of the 3 WB CDC courses he listed appear.

This is what shows in his record on the Learn Center.

We have had over 900 completions and no reported issues since launching this learning plan and its associated modules.

Please open a ticket with your council and provide screenshots of the behavior at the endo of these modules.

For my own knowledge on this, would you see a partially completed course in Akela? All four of these showed as partially complete.

@LeeDoty

No, Akela only contains completed courses.

Were would a user see completed - IF they restarted a course they had completed before?

I can see all of my classes in the records of courses taken. These all have bars showing percentages, to include the aggregate percentage for whole courses of instruction. However, I don’t see partials under the aggregate list of completed training.

If I retake a class, it should show up the same way (based on my experience).

What you’re seeing here is exactly what I’m seeing. The three recently completed classes show at 60%, and the course I just retook as an experiment dropped from 100% to 30%.

Did you restart totally on those or did you allow the course to start at the bookmark?

Inline image

Did you clear your cache? Do not clear the cache if restarting the course allows you to pick up where it thinks you left off - otherwise, you might try clearing the cache and try them.

I just tested the Youth in Wood Badge. Make sure you allow the frame with the movie to allow the movie to fully complete - if you jump forward via the Table of Contents without completing the movie (the movie must run all the way through - no fast forwarding) you will not get credit.

As you can see it ran fine and marked it 100% for me:

Thanks!

And it shows completion in my.scouting:

Did you restart totally on those or did you allow the course to start at the bookmark?

Inline image

Did you clear your cache? Do not clear the cache if restarting the course allows you to pick up where it thinks you left off - otherwise, you might try clearing the cache and try them.

I just tested the Youth in Wood Badge. Make sure you allow the frame with the movie to allow the movie to fully complete - if you jump forward via the Table of Contents without completing the movie (the movie must run all the way through - no fast forwarding) you will not get credit.

As you can see it ran fine and marked it 100% for me:

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. The ones that are at 60% were all started from scratch. The one at 30% was a complete redo, so started at the beginning. I see that you managed to complete the class. All were allowed to run to the complete end of the course when the video shut off.

I wonder if this is an infrastructure issue then. I’m running the updated version of Firefox on a Windows 11 box. I wonder if there is something in that mix that makes my.Scouting unhappy. That said, I’ll start with clearing the cache and see if that fixes anything. I may try another browser, just to see if that’s the problem.

You need to be using recommended browsers - chrome or edge

| Lee Doty LeeDoty
December 4 |

• | - |

Thanks for the feedback. The ones that are at 60% were all started from scratch. The one at 30% was a complete redo, so started at the beginning. I see that you managed to complete the class. All were allowed to run to the complete end of the course when the video shut off.

I wonder if this is an infrastructure issue then. I’m running the updated version of Firefox on a Windows 11 box. I wonder if there is something in that mix that makes my.Scouting unhappy. That said, I’ll start with clearing the cache and see if that fixes anything. I may try another browser, just to see if that’s the problem.

1 Like

Hi, I have a Scouter who is showing up as completing all of his online courses, he is a Lion Guide, but is not coming off the Not Trained List. I have asked our Registrar, she did not have any idea. Member ID#140728920, Council #39. Thank you!