Cyber Chip/Parent's Guide not carrying over to 2019-2020 Report

Love the addition of “Protect Yourself” in the requirements section for rank - thank you!

Small bug though: if the info was entered for Cyber Chip and Parent’s Guide under the 2015 or 2016 requirements when you switch to the new 2020 requirements that does not transfer over. The other loops seem to move over and the Protect Yourself shows appropriate completion/progress as it moves up the page.

2 Likes

For the 2019-20 version of Cub Scout ranks, Cyber Chip does not automatically credit to the ranks. Because of the way Cyber Chip is specified as a requirement and how Scoutbook tracks it, auto crediting it to rank is very difficult to make correct. The decision was made to leave this up to unit leaders.

2 Likes

What about the Child Abuse Parent Guide?

1 Like

To be clear, I’m not talking about percentage but about it showing up as completed with the date. Wasn’t sure if we were talking about the same thing

1 Like

First is 2015, second is 2019-20

2 Likes

Correct, if the Scout earned Cyber Chip, a leader must manually enter it into the rank requirements. The older versions have not properly credited Cyber Chip. The BSA has never been clear on what the requirement “Earn Cyber Chip Award for your age” rally means. Does it mean if the Scout’s Cyber Chip is not expired on the day the Scout moves up, is Cyber Chip credited or does it mean Cyber Chip must be active on the day all other requirements are completed? I know of units that use both definitions. Because of this there is no way for Scoutbook to properly credit Cyber Chip to rank.

2 Likes

Thanks - I agree, that can be confusing. Can a note be made thought that if it is entered in the 2015 format and you click over to the 2020 format it would move over. If not the Cyber Chip then the Parent Guide info. I’m not looking for it to move up from Tiger to Wolf, just to move from Wolf 2015 to Wolf 2020 (and other levels as well, just using Wolf as an example).

I realize that this is a one year thing so low priority. Next year we will just start entering info under the 2020 option; just thought if it was an easy fix then everyone wouldn’t have to go back and manually move the Cyber Chip and Parent Guide if they wanted to switch to the new year that shows the Protect Yourself as counting for rank.

Thanks again for your explanation about the Cyber Chip issues - good insight to have.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s not as easy as it seems to give credit for a requirement from a previous version like the pamphlet exercises. In the time it’d take to bubble to the top of the queue, development, and testing, it’ll be past the end of the program year.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.