BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Dens 'greyed out' when assigning leaders

We have a large pack, and just starting out trying to assign dens, etc. When trying to setup our Webelos and Tiger dens, they are all greyed out(??) I magically was able to assign one leader, but am not sure how. It looks like the dialog box is not big enough and I cant scroll to the correct radio button.

I am using Firefox on an iMac.

For additional information, this is how it looks when adding Den Admin, which works fine:!

For tiger den you need to assign 'Tiger Den Leader" and Webelos the same process.

I think I figured it out. Thanks for the direction. You wouldnt happen to know why the designate the Webelos and Tiger Den leaders and not the Bear/Wolf DL? Anyway, thanks for the guidance.

The BSA specifies 3 positions for Den Leaders and 2 for Assistant Den Leaders. They are:
Den Leader (Lion Dens, no assistant because parents are supposed to be present)
Tiger Den Leader (Tiger dens, no assistant because parents are supposed to be present)
Den Leader & Assistant Den Leader (Wolf and Bear dens)
Webelos Leader & Assistant Webelos Leader (Webelos dens)

The original Lion Pilot did not have Den Leaders. I believe the BSA just decided to reuse the position instead of creating a new one.

Because Tiger and Webelos leaders are registered with a different position code, they appear as different positions in Scoutbook. If the BSA eliminates the Tiger and Webelos leader positions, Scoutbook will be updated.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.