Duplicate Parent 2

I have a scout parent that shows up twice for their son. The correct one is Member ID
13532691. The second one has her correct email address but when you go into Edit Profile there is no ID number no name no nothing. There is an error message that says person not found. Can we remove that one?

@LauraCincotta that is cleaned up

1 Like

Great, can you help me with another one? Member ID
140177890 and Member ID
14512144. It looks like the first one should be the correct one. The one with his middle name. Thanks.

And I found another - Member ID
14167726 and Member ID
133931467. Thanks.

Sorry. I have another. Member ID
140772013 and Member ID
14872589. Thanks again.

I recommend that They contact your local council and ask them to use the Registrar Tools to look up the children. When they look up the children, they want to check children’s “User Relationship” and make sure that children are connected to parent with Only the correct BSA member ID number 140177890

The 2 accounts had slightly different first names -
I recommend that They contact your local council and ask them to use the Registrar Tools to look up the children. When they look up the children, they want to check children’s “User Relationship” and make sure that children are connected to parent with Only the correct BSA member ID number 133931467

@LauraCincotta last one is fixed

Unfortunately we get push back from our council. I guess we’ll just live with it. Thanks.

Some of these settings are key for the system to work correctly and only council can make some of these changes.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.