Hello, I am our troop’s advancement coordinator. I have a scout who has earned the Life rank. When I try to add this it says not enough time has passed since earning Star rank. I looked at his records and it looks like mis-entered the date, or entered the date after the fact of him earning requirement 3. It says he earned this requirement on May 2, 2025, when he actually earned the full rank on March 2, 2025.
ScoutBook says I cannot edit this because it has been awarded already.
This scout is under time pressure to complete Eagle as he is nearing 18. Is there a way to edit this so that I can add that he is Life Scout NOW, and not have to wait until Nov 2 (6 months from the incorrect date)?
Thanks,
Christina Hemphill
If star Req 3 has the wrong date. Change the date on Star #3. The date should be the same for the final of the rank as the BOR of that rank.
@ChristinaHemphill
You need to clear the Awarded check box, clear the Approved check box then change the Star dates. The date of start should be the date of the Scout’s Board of Review.
I did this and cleared the completion date. Req 3 still says locked because it was already approved.
@ChristinaHemphill - req 3 would be the merit badge section. Are all of this completed prior to the BoR ?
i think a screen share to look at the problem may be the way forward. You can email me at sjhjr@comcast.net if that works for you
Yes, all completed prior to BOR. I think the issue was on ME entereing it as May 2 rather than March 2
@ChristinaHemphill - since req 3 is all merit badges are you able to change the date on req 8 which is the BoR ? Do you show a quick entry button at the top of the rank page
I wonder if that may help to reset the date for rank complete ?
@ChristinaHemphill if you want a screenshare I can set one up to take a look - it is probably something simple
As you can see the final completion date has been removed as has BOR, and req 3 still is not editable
@ChristinaHemphill - hover over the approved text what does it show ? Req3 is based on the merit badges… so most likely the last one being counted is completed on that date
I can set up a screenshare to take a look.
@ChristinaHemphill Assuming that I found the correct Scout, these are his merit badges:
Merit Badge Name | Date Earned
Archery | 08/06/2021
Horsemanship | 08/06/2021
Mammal Study | 08/06/2021
*Cooking | 02/14/2022
Fingerprinting | 11/19/2022
Chess | 07/18/2025
Leatherwork | 07/18/2025
Wilderness Survival | 07/18/2025
Wood Carving | 07/18/2025
*Personal Management | 10/22/2025
*Family Life | 11/12/2025
*Citizenship in the World | 05/06/2026
*Communication | 05/06/2026
*Personal Fitness | 07/23/2026
Climbing | 08/03/2026
*First Aid | 08/03/2026
*Citizenship in the Nation | 08/11/2026
*Cycling | 08/23/2026
The earliest date Star requirement #3 could be completed is 05/06/2026, which is the date for the Citizenship in the World merit badge.
@ChristinaHemphill do you want me to setup a screenshare so we have 2 sets of eyes to figure this out?