Finding out if a scout has completed a merit badge that is required as part of another merit badge

Hello,

Wondering if there is a way as an assigned MBC for a badge to use Scoutbook to see if that scout has completed another merit badge that is required – for example, the First Aid merit badge is a required merit badge to be awarded the Emergency Preparedness merit badge.

Thanks,

–Michael

Ask them.

This is more than just checking off the box that they’ve done the First Aid MB, it’s a chance to share your experience about providing first aid/emergency medical aid and giving the Scouts a better experience earning the E-Prep badge.

Of course, but was just wondering if there was a way to validate completion in this ‘digital age’.

Thanks!

For that, I’m not sure, since I’m a Merit Badge Counselor and a Troop admin… All the kids I’m counseling are in my Troop, so I can see everything for all of them anyways.

A number of instances like that the First Aid (for example) is hotlinked to Eprep - so the req self completes when the second MB is done. That being said not sure on this instance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.