How to merge multiple BSA IDs?

Hello all,
I have two BSA IDs that are causing issues for me. How can I get them merged into 1 record where everything shows up under 1 BSA ID?

103650982 - Primary
132060927 - Secondary

Thanks in advance for your help,
Ryan

log into my.scouting.org > click Menu top left > Click Manage Member ID > one of the BSA # will be there marked PRIMARY > then add the other MID (BSA #) - you want to make the one that is your unit registration PRIMARY > Then go to Scoutbook.com and log in using your my.scouting.org credentials

Ryan,

Because both MIDs have had registered positions, they cannot be merged by the Council. Log into my.scouting.org, click on Menu → Manage Member ID. Add the missing MID then make sure 103650982 is primary.

I will change the MID on your Scoutbook account.

1 Like

Hello all,
I had the 2nd one listed for some time in my.scouting… Some how today, when I logged in, the 2nd BSA ID became the primary one and I lost all my positions. I switched it back and my positions reappeared…

BUT… My question is, why can’t both of these BSA IDs be merged into 1 record? This will eliminate any future issues that may arise. A few years ago, it was found out that I had about 3 or 4 BSA IDs. The other numbers were merged, but I was still left with these two IDs.

Thanks,
Ry

Ryan,

Since both MIDs contain current or previously registered positions they both have a Criminal Background Check (CBC) attached to them. The BSA’s systems do not allow MIDs with CBCs to be deleted or merged.