IA: Roster Report erroring out when opting for pdf or csv

Trying to run a full unit report for our CO for pack, bt, gt. I am key 3 delegate on pack and bt and key 3 on gt. I get the report in IA but get this error when trying to opt for either pdf and csv.

This page isn’t working

reportspd.scouting.org sent an invalid response.

ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_MULTIPLE_CONTENT_DISPOSITION

@TammieZemler - could you note the steps you are taking to generate the report

selected all scouts, den/patrol, parents addresses then saved report.

Run the report

Even though I unselected all leaders and parents it is still giving me a list of all adults. Do not need this thus is why I need a CSV so I can delete what I dont want. Also gives the scouts DOB and other information I do not want to share with the HOA (not the CO, CO is a group of BSA unit parents 501(c) group) who is wanting a list of scouts and addresses. They allow us to use the clubhouse and fields free but do not sponsor our units.

Click on PDF (either one) or CSV and get this

selected all scouts, den/patrol, parents addresses then saved report.

image.png

Run the report

image.png

Even though I unselected all leaders and parents it is still giving me a list of all adults. Do not need this thus is why I need a CSV so I can delete what I dont want. Also gives the scouts DOB and other information I do not want to share with the HOA (not the CO, CO is a group of BSA unit parents 501(c) group) who is wanting a list of scouts and addresses. They allow us to use the clubhouse and fields free but do not sponsor our units.

image.png

Click on PDF (either one) or CSV and get this

image.png

@TammieZemler - the image of the selection list shows leaders with check marks… I ran the same process and had no issues.

1 Like

ok so how do I get it to work? It has worked for me in the past. Maybe not this specific report but all other reports have worked.

I think there was an update to the reporting module recently. Have you tried clearing cache and forcing a reload of the page? I typically find that is necessary after updates that involve IA2 (which is what hosts the reporting interface).

1 Like

@TammieZemler - your issue is related to the commas in your report title as that is an invalid file name.

I’ve reported this to the developers

@jacobfetzer - i dont think this needs to be reported as you can not generate the csv or pdf with the report title having commas. You can not evef have a filenamd with commas. The pdf file and csv name is using the report title and as such will not generate an invalid filename

This is a user issue not an issue for developers

The interface should never allow an invalid name in the title.

1 Like

Ok will give that a try. Thanks

@TammieZemler - I ran a test report with your report title exactly as you have it and it generated the err. I then took out the commas and the file downloaded

So, still a bug, but a great way to get around the issue is to take out the commas.

@Matt.Johnson - the interesting thing to note is that if i use that same report title in firefox it will generate the csv file and pdf. so it appears that chrome has the issue generating the filename as seen in the captures.

1 Like

@TammieZemler - also of note is that the file is generated in firefox stripping off the leading 2023/ so that file name begins with 05 and the remaining text of the report name.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.