Our unit has switched to using TroopWebHost for advancement tracking among other things. We are trying to go through the process of uploading our file in order to update Council/BSA. The instructions to do so are confusing.
- The only import option for advancement I can find in Scoutbook is the Roster Import. There is a link to go through before uploading the files. This takes me to here: Scoutbook CSV Data Import (SB) | Scoutbook Knowledge Base
- That page references generic CSV templates (which I can’t find anywhere so that I can verify the upload is formatted correctly). It also says to please use Internet Advancement to upload both initially as well as monthly. This links to: Getting Started With Internet Advancement Archives | Scoutbook Knowledge Base
- This has several possible links to follow. There is one titled “Upload File & Print Report for Scout Shop in Internet Advancement (IA)”. Following this link gets me here: Upload File & Print Report for Scout Shop in Internet Advancement (IA) | Scoutbook Knowledge Base
- On this page, the following note is listed:
NOTE: If you are using Scoutbook for your unit’s advancement, you do not need to use Internet Advancement. Scoutbook users should not use Internet Advancement
This leads me to several questions that don’t really get answered anywhere.
- Are we a Scoutbook or Internet Advancement user?
- Is there a page where we can view the CSV templates so that I can verify they are correct before uploading them?
- How often can we upload advancement? Are we limited to once a month?
- When we upload advancement, does it overwrite anything in Scoutbook/IA? For example, if a merit badge has been marked completed in SB/IA because Scoutbook was how the MBC wanted to work with the scout, when we upload the next advancement report, will the upload or what is in SB/IA take priority? (In theory they will be the same date, but human error does happen too).