Incomplete Merit Badge Report working correctly?

Hello,

I’m trying to run the “Incomplete Merit Badge Report” for our troop but it is only showing results for my son. I have permissions to run the other reports for all Scouts since I am co-advancement chair. Is this a permissions problem in Scoutbook or is there an issue with the report itself?

Thank you,
Jeff

Hi Jeffrey,

Please check your connections to other Scouts in the troop, or have them checked by a Troop Admin. Please let us know what you find.

Thanks.

Thank you for the suggestion. Scoutbook shows I have 84 connections and I am able to view all current scouts in the troop. Other reports such as the “Troop Recognition Report”, “Needs Approval”, “Needs Purchasing” and “Needs Awarding” all work fine.

– Jeff

Jeffrey,

Please check your connection permissions to other Scouts with your unit admin, or for yourself if you are a unit admin. The Incomplete Merit Badge Report requires a Full Control connection, whereas it appears you have only View and Edit to Scouts other than your son. Please let us know.

In the meantime, we’re looking at the report to ensure that the required permissions are justified.

Thanks.

Hi Jonathan,

It seems like the report is requiring more permissions than it needs, since I am already able to view incomplete merit badges for the scouts when looking at their profiles individually. I need to compile a report that shows all partials for scouts in our troop, so hopefully this can be adjusted so I don’t have to be granted Full Control, as I’m not certain that is appropriate.

Thank you,

Jeff

Hi Jeffrey,

The Incomplete Merit Badge Report permissions have been modified to accept View permissions as well. Pleas try it and less us know if it works for you now.

Thanks for reporting this!

Hi Jonathan,

It works perfectly now. Thank you so much for fixing that and for doing it so quickly! With this information available we can better plan what badges to focus on to help the boys complete them.

You’re welcome (for reporting it).

– Jeff